Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G Pausing whilst on Lockscreen

Solved!

Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G Pausing whilst on Lockscreen

Hi,

I have a brand new Redmi Note 4G but have a weird issue where the Spotify app pauses after 3-5 seconds once the screen goes to sleep, it works fine when the phone is unlocked. Once paused it'll take a few seconds then it'll play again but only for 3-5 seconds!

If I unlock the phone once again all works perfectly.

I have downloaded google music and this does not exhibit the issue, i.ew. it works perfectly.

I can confim that both apps permissions are set identically and I have also tried changing varios app settings to ensure Spotify is always 'alive', but still no go.

Please help, if I am unable to use Spotify reliably then I will have to switch to Google Music once the free trial expires as I can't justify having 2 sreaming subscriptions, I'd prefer to continue with Spotify as I prefer the UI!

Thanks

Mike

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Morning Dan,

In the end I have simply done a factory reset of my phone, and all is well.

I did try your clean install but that didn't work either so not sure what was happening but everything appears to be funcitonaing correctly now.

Cheers

Mike

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Do you have any task, cache or battery cleaining apps installed? These are known to terminate the process early or when the screen is turned off. Also check your Android settings to make sure it's not set to turn data off when screen is off

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

No app cleaning / battery / performance apps other than the default Miui 5 apps.

Can you confirm the setting for 'data off'? I have doubled checked that 'Keep wifi on during sleep' is set to Always.

In addition I did also turn off wi-fi optimization to see if that helped but still the same thing.

Annoyingly Google Music is doing the exact same thing now.

As a temporary measure until I find an answer I have set the handset to never sleep but it will kill my battery!

Thanks

Yep; seems to be a RAM issue with your device. I've found a few threads with similar issues: 

http://en.miui.com/thread-30319-2-1.html

http://en.miui.com/thread-2593-1-1.html

You can see if this tip helps: http://en.miui.com/thread-51638-1-1.html

I guess this falls down to the device/ROM so you should investigate further on the XDA or miui forums.

Android Troubleshooting:

Cheers Dan,

I did see both those threads earlier before I posted as they aren't quite the same, the app is still running when I unlock the phone, i'm actually now wondering if in fact the app is pausing or if i'm just not getting the audio!

I have tried everything suggested with the enable auto start etc, still the same happening and plenty of RAM available on the handset, very odd!

Have you tried a clean installation? Use the below guide to obtain a 'true' clean install:

[GUIDE] How to fix common issues for Spotify on Android

Android Troubleshooting:
Marked as solution

Morning Dan,

In the end I have simply done a factory reset of my phone, and all is well.

I did try your clean install but that didn't work either so not sure what was happening but everything appears to be funcitonaing correctly now.

Cheers

Mike

Glad you got it resolved. Sounds like a conflict with either another app or some random process that may be hanging.

Main thing is, it's working as expected. A pain to have to do a full reset (I know, I do one every few months). But all's good!

Android Troubleshooting:

There's an easy fix and its work!.
Activate "developer options" tab (The secret code in about) and select "memory optimisation" off in the Apps section. Miui has this feature set to medium by default...

I have the Redmi note pro 3 and it was solved!

Sounds promising... I will give it a test...

Suggested posts