Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

(Yet Another) SD Card Question

(Yet Another) SD Card Question

Running Cyanogenmod 11 (Android 4.4.2) on a Samsung Galaxy S3

I previously had a 32 GB SD card and did not have any issues.  I bought a new SanDisk 64GB microSD card solely for loading it up with more music.  However, I am having issues with saving to the SD card.  I have run through all of the other posts and did the typical fixes (clear cache, uninstall, reinstall, etc.  Even tried moving the folders com.spotify.whatever from internal to SD.

At any rate, the latest issue is one I have not seen.  When downloading music, it appears as though the files are saving to both internal and the SD card.  I go to settings > storage and within there it separates internal memory and SD memory.  The "Apps" section of the internal memory increases the exact same amount as the SD card memory increases. This leads me to believe the phone is saving files to both locations simultaneously.

Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks

2 Replies

It actually appears to be the storage tab not displaying correctly. After loading it up, it actually displays my memory as exceeding the available space. Odd. I guess it sees data attached to Spotify and just reflects it under internal memory regardless of whether it's saved externally.

Sounds more like a CM issue then. Have you raised this in the CM support forums?

Suggested posts