Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Library] Prevent Order of Playlists In A Folder From Being Altered By Spotify

[Your Library] Prevent Order of Playlists In A Folder From Being Altered By Spotify

I have over 6,000 synced local songs. On the desktop, I'm putting the songs from each local album in a playlist and  then moving all of the playlists in alphabetical order into a folder. I doing this to make it easy to find an album's playlist in the the folder.  But, on Android, when I play a song in one of these playlists, Spotify moves the playlist to the top of the folder, thus disrupting my order and defeating my purpose.  

Please do something to stop recently played playlists being moved to the top of a folder.  It's very frustrating to do all of this work, only to have Spotify disrupt it.

22 Replies

Hey @jim146 ,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

You should be able to sort all your playlists by name (in the main list, outside the folders). This sorting should also affect the playlists within your folders.

Hope you'll find this useful. We'll be here if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Version 8.6.36.1070, Android

This doesn't work in the current version (the sorting does not affect the playlists inside folders, instead they are only sorted by most recent) - is this deliberate?

Hi @ohocus

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

Currently, we can confirm that it's not possible to sort playlists inside a folder with the custom order in the mobile app. 

If you need help with anything else, just let us know. 

Cheers!

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Thanks for your reply.

Is this a bug? Or a deliberate change?

I have some large folders in my library and it is next to impossible to find anything in them on mobile at the moment.

Hey @ohocus,

Thanks for the reply.

This was a change introduced with the last UI update.

You can provide your feedback on this here. User feedback from that thread is being passed on directly to the dev team, who are looking to improve the functionality of the app.

Cheers.

AlexModerator

I can see that, despite many comments on that thread indicating all of the issues I am having, there have been no responses discussing any future update to fix these.
It seems I have been redirected into a black hole of user comments, with no actual interaction 🙂

Hey @ohocus,

Thanks for the reply.

Improvements on the app can only be done through regular updates. The best way for users to voice their ideas and concerns regarding changes to functionality is through Ideas and discussions.

Hope this makes sense.

AlexModerator

Just wanted to add that's it's completely nonsensical for playlists within folders to automatically re-arrange based on which one was recently played despite choosing to sort by "custom". It's also unfortunate that we can't just re-organize manually on the app since it doesn't sync with the desktop app. 

Hi there @SLAPDABASSLEE,

Thank you for your post and feedback.

We understand that things can feel frustrating when things don't work as you'd like them to. Rest assured that we're always trying to improve as we always strive to improve our features.

We hope for your understanding and that you continue using Spotify and find it gets better in the future.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Thanks Jeremy. It's not so much that "things don't work like I want then to", this isn't a feature request but clearly a bug/oversight as it occurs even when selecting sort by "alphabetical". Why would playlists sort by most recently played regardless of the the actual sorting option? Is there a place to report this as an issue/bug, or has it already been reported on your end?

Thanks

Hey @SLAPDABASSLEE,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

We've already passed your feedback on this matter to the right folks.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

Cheers.

CarlosEModerator

TY!

I TOTALLY agree with this and find it SO VERY FRUSTRATING to find my playlists when the app keeps reordering them based on what I played last. 

Please remove this feature and leave our folders of playlists in the order that we choose. 

Please, please voice another supporter to fix this bug. The re-ordering of playlists based on latest music played is not convenient or useful in any way. I lose my playlists and spend crazy amounts of time scrolling to find my playlists within each folder on the app. 

I'm having the exact same problem for weeks now. This level of incompetence is unacceptable for a company as big as spotify. 

If it's 'ot getting solve in the next month, I'm transferring my playlist to / and  switching to apple music.

Your users are not beta tester. To have filter and folder working properly is a bacic and essential functions for a music app. 

We’ll said. I do feel like a beta tester, and the response so far has not acknowledged how disruptive this is for users. 

Any updates dear Spotify ? Right now it's almost impossible to find my playlist within folder, filters does not work, it's an absolute shame that this is not getting fixed!

Any eta on a fix for this problem ? (Meaning filter are not working at all within folder in the android app).
It's been over 2 month now!
Respectfully

Hi folks,

Thank you for sharing your posts on this thread. 

While at the moment the function to sort playlists inside folder is not available as @CarlosE and @Jeremy pointed out, we invite you to take a look at this idea that suggest that function. 

You can support the idea by adding your +VOTE and clicking on Subscribe in the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. That'll make sure you stay up-to-date with any relevant updates about this. It’s also worth knowing that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented. 

We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

Let us know if you have any questions.  

MafeGModerator

Suggested posts