Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

aaghhhh....help!!!!!

aaghhhh....help!!!!!

Hi all

This is slowly driving me mental.......my songs keep stopping and starting, it is really doing my head in.  If i can't get this sorted I'm cancelling my subscription and going elsewhere.

I saw someone on FB with the same problem.  It's OK on my laptop, but it's my phone it happens on.

Please help me mummy!!!!

David

7 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

I would suggest you have a read at all the sections of the android troubleshooting guide to see if you can fix this yourself. 

If not, please fill in the template as much more information will be needed to diagnose your problem.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi hammeh

Thanks for reply...I'll do that.  Also, apologies for initial message, bit over the top, but honestly, there is nothing more frustrating than walking down the road and your music keeps stopping and starting.  And it only seems to happen when I turn the screen off and put it back in my pocket!!  If I'm looking at it open on my phone it never seems to happen......!!

Anyways, will come back and let you know how it goes...

David

@david1806 wrote:

Hi hammeh

Thanks for reply...I'll do that.  Also, apologies for initial message, bit over the top, but honestly, there is nothing more frustrating than walking down the road and your music keeps stopping and starting.  And it only seems to happen when I turn the screen off and put it back in my pocket!!  If I'm looking at it open on my phone it never seems to happen......!!

Anyways, will come back and let you know how it goes...

David

That seems to indicate that your phone is going to sleep and stopping Spotify. Check your phone's settings if it has any power/sleep mode options. It could also be one of your apps.

Community Ergo Sum

Hi all

Firstly, I should say that it does the stop/start thing when I'm looking at it as well......it just seem to ALWAYS happen when I turn screen off...........

BUT

I followed the advice and completely reinstalled Spotify, and then.....it was worse!!!  I mean, stop...start...stop...start.  But that was a couple of days ago and yesterday and today its been OK.  But I ain't holding my breath!!

I'll keep you posted, as I'm sure you all can't wait to hear how it turns out.....LOL...........

David

Does this occur only whilst you are streaming or on offline playlists too?

Also, are you using bluetooth headphones or anything funky?

Peter

Peter

Hi all

Seems to working OK now, so let's hope it stays that way. 🐵

Thanks to those who replies, appreciated...

David

@david1806 wrote:

Hi all

Seems to working OK now, so let's hope it stays that way. 🐵

Thanks to those who replies, appreciated...

David

Glad it is working! 🙂 

If you have any more issues, be sure to make another topic.

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts