Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

android app

android app

hi,

my spotify app on android is terrible. It doesn't search EVER for ANYTHING! It constantly won't play my playlists even though I have offlined them all and then it often decides to delete all my offline playlists so I suddently can't play anything then I have to spend the time offlining everything again. Why is your app so bad? I have been a premium member for over 5 years now. Why should I pay for this service when you can't even provide me with a basic app?!

5 Replies

What mobile device are you using and what versions of android and spotify? Let's see if we can't work out what's going on.

spotify version is 0.5.5.13 samsung galaxy s3. the app has never worked properly. thanks for trying to help!

Is that version number right? If it is, Please uninstall spotify making sure you delete the following folder:

com.spotify.mobile.android.ui which is usually in \Phone\Android\data\ (or in the folder you chose on your SD card when you started Spotify the first time).

Please note that this will remove all your downloaded music so you will have to redownload.

Then download and install the latest version fron Google Play. It will set the external SD card as the cache location automatically if you have one and if it has more free space than internal storage.

I recommend you check your Google Play settings to let spotify update automatically in future. Hopefully, you'll see an improvement in performance after this but if you have any other issues, please shout.

yeah the version number is what it says in my spotify settings on my phone. i'll do what you've suggested and hopefully that'll fix it! thanks again for trying to help.

The current version is 0.7.2 which is why I asked. Please let me know how things work out for you 🙂

Suggested posts