Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[android] backing up offline music

Solved!

[android] backing up offline music

hi,

since I started to change rom or just manually update the os on my oneplus I faced a problem: before perfome factory reset on my device in order to flash a new rom, I always launch titanium to backup all my apps. Unfortunally titanium doesn't backup also the downloaded music (i'm a premium user). 

What should i do?? I'm a owner of an oneplus one so i don't have a real sd card but just a virtual one called (internal storage)

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

When you re-install Spotify or remove Offline mark, or music resync, content will be removed or replaced. It depends on stuff. Removed in every case except when Spotify is resyncing due to lost Offline mark (when you have too much devices, or content is otherwise broken).

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey there.

Thanks for message.

Since offline music is not clear on hard drive, in other words not mp3, it's impossible to backup it. Even if you backup Spotify data files, these will not work when you install app and transfer stuff over to right folder. Then after re-install the code of Offline music storage will change and music will be re-synced using data.

If you are on slow internet, like me on 1 Mbit/s, it may take some days to download the whole repertoire back on your devices for Offline usage.

I hope you will have a nice day.

Kind regards,

Jyrziu xd

Thank you for your answer! As far as you know the stuff that I backup with
the app even if isn't available when I restore it, still fill my storage?
I'll explain it better: I have 1 GB of music. I backup everything with
titanium or other app. When I restore that backup we verified that the
music is not available and need to be re downloaded. But I don't understand
if it's still there somewhere in my storage! If so in a couple of restoring
my storage will be filled up!

Marked as solution

When you re-install Spotify or remove Offline mark, or music resync, content will be removed or replaced. It depends on stuff. Removed in every case except when Spotify is resyncing due to lost Offline mark (when you have too much devices, or content is otherwise broken).

Got it. Too bad for impossibility to backup but luckily it won't stay there
forever! Thanks

You're welcome.

Have a nice weekend! :d

Suggested posts