Premium

Country

USA

Device

Pixel 5

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

Hi, premium member for several years with no previous issues.  So, when I play a song  it will go for a random amount of time, sometimes 20 seconds sometimes a couple minutes and it will always end up cutting out and the app crashes.  This happens whether I play downloaded, offline, or stream music.    So I don't believe it to be a connection issue.   Oh, and it does not matter if the screen is active or in the background, this still happens.  when opening the app back up it will show a blank screen then the spotify logo for a few seconds, once loaded back up it will typically show the song back at 2 seconds of play.  Music will begin playing for another random amount of time and when restarting again it shows song at 3 seconds of play.  I have tried deleting the cache, even did a clean uninstall or whatever it is called when you delete the cache/data files and uninstall / reinstall and that did not change a thing.  I need this issue fixed as I can't continue paying for a service that is not being provided.  App is working fine for all other family members.  please help!!

Device - Pixel 5

system - Android 11

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @sponsored55,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop 🙂

We'd suggest you try with another account on the same device to check if that makes a difference. That way we can check if this is an account or a device-related issue. Are there any changes?

Keep us posted.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey there @sponsored55

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

We'd suggest that you try logging out and then logging back in twice. We know this sounds odd, but it's how the app forces a cache refresh.

If this doesn't do the trick, you mentioned that you've already reinstalled the app, but would you mind checking if you've followed these specific steps?

Additionally, could you confirm that your phone's battery saving options are disabled?    

Keep us posted on how it goes.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I tried both logging out twice and doing the clean uninstall and the problem still persists.  I also checked battery save mode and it is not on so that isn't the problem either.

Marked as solution

Hey @sponsored55,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop 🙂

We'd suggest you try with another account on the same device to check if that makes a difference. That way we can check if this is an account or a device-related issue. Are there any changes?

Keep us posted.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts