Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

app loses downloads on Android based FiiO x-7II

Solved!

app loses downloads on Android based FiiO x-7II

Plan

Premium

Device: FiiO X7 mark II

Operating System: Android 5.1.

My Question or Issue: My X7 very rarely has internet access during daily usage at work. I've downloaded my extensive playlists 3 times now only to loose them a few days later....Why? redownloading all these files is time and labor intensive....Doesn't happen on my windows 10 PC or I-phone. This is  Leaving a very sour taste on monies spent for spotify premium, love the service, but if I can't get this problem addressed, will go elsewhere. Anyone have a suggestion?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @3StarJ_R.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Let's try to reset your Offline devices and start over from the beginning. This will remove your Offline music though.

1. Remove All your Offline devices from here
  2. Reinstall the app using these steps

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @3StarJ_R.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Let's try to reset your Offline devices and start over from the beginning. This will remove your Offline music though.

1. Remove All your Offline devices from here
  2. Reinstall the app using these steps

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

I did those things as you suggested and so far after a few days I still have my playlist downloads available. Thank you for your consern and suggestions!

I have the same problem, and the link in step 1 doesn't work. Please help with this annoying problem

Same problem with the Fiio X5 III running on the Android 5.1.1. Didn't finde a solution so far.

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your posts in this thread.

Can you perform a clean reinstall of the app? This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If you have an SD card we suggest that you uninstall the app > turn off your phone > take out your SD card > turn on the phone again (without the SD card) > reinstall the app since the card can be corrupted.

If that doesn't do the trick, can you let us know if this occur on one specific device or multiple devices?

Let us know how everything goes 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi Jeremy

Thank you for your help.

I tried everything you wrote in your answer ( uninstall the app > turn off your phone > take out your SD card > turn on the phone again (without the SD card) > reinstall the app since the card can be corrupted).

Sadly the same issue reappeared. 

After e few days I was ask to login again and all my downloads were marke as unavailable (even thought the storage space was still used). 

The playlist started downloading again and filled up the entire storage.

I tried the whole thing twice, both times with the same result.

Spotify version: 8.4.68.903 armV7

Device: FiiO X5 III

Android version: 5.1.1 Lollipop

Build version: 1.2.5 (newest) 

Thank you for the support and pleas let me know if you need additional information.

Best regards

Lukas 

Hey @Hans_Peter,

Thanks for the reply.

Another this you can try is to format the SD card as external storage and try saving the downloads there.

As this device is running a very old version of Android it might be having issues with the cache files.

Let us know how you get on.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have the same issues. We are half way June 2023 now! This issue is still not fixed

Hey @kurosawsa,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

In this case, we'd like to gather as much info as possible. Would you mind letting us know what troubleshooting you've tried so far? This'll help us avoid repeating steps. Sharing any additional details (such as device's make, model and OS) will be very helpful to us as well. 

We'll be on the lookout for your response. 

LyubkaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts