Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Why does the all break when I pay for premium?

After paying for premium, the app doesn't work. Even when connected to WiFi, all playlists say they're empty, searching specific artists doesn't yield results and songs won't play.

• Casual Listener
  • After paying for premium, the app doesn't work. Even when connected to WiFi, all playlists say they're empty, searching specific artists doesn't yield results and songs won't play.
  • MihailY
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Low quality album art covers

PlanPremiumCountryMexicoDevicePOCO X3 NFCOperating SystemAndroid 11 My Question or IssueI have the latest version of the app, (although this problem has persisted for several updates) my connection is good and it doesn't matter if I have the songs of...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Mexico Device POCO X3 NFC Operating System Android 11   My Question or Issue I have the latest version of the app, (although this problem has persisted for several...
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Google nest mini doesn't play my personalized spotify playlist

So i recently bought a Google Nest Mini and i was told that i could play my own Spotify playlists. But everytime i say "Hey google play my playlist " it plays a station that based on that playlist, instead of the playlist. I already tried doing it on...

• Visitor
  • So i recently bought a Google Nest Mini and i was told that i could play my own Spotify playlists. But everytime i say "Hey google play my playlist " it plays a station that based on that playlist, ...
  • MihailY
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on WearOS not launching Spotify on connected phone

I have a Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 and a Pixel Watch. Both are running WearOS 3.5. Each one is connected to different phones. When I launch Spotify from either of my WearOS watches, it won't launch the phone app. I have to get my phone out and launch Sp...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 and a Pixel Watch. Both are running WearOS 3.5. Each one is connected to different phones.   When I launch Spotify from either of my WearOS watches, it won't la...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [SOLVED PARTIALLY] Spotify downloads songs to internal memory instead of keeping on SD after reboot

Edit 25.07.2021:Better workaround, but unfortunately it also needs root access like older below - you need to make Spotify backup via Titanium Backup app. After restarting phone you need to restore made a backup before and all songs will remain. Work...

• Music Fan
  • Edit 25.07.2021: Better workaround, but unfortunately it also needs root access like older below - you need to make Spotify backup via Titanium Backup app. After restarting phone you need to restore...
  • lsahjpaul99
  • Casual Listener
  • 15 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 10 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify used 10gb of data

PlanPremiumCountryUnited States DeviceSamsung Galaxy 10eOperating SystemAndroid 12 My Question or IssueSpotify has used 10gb of data over the last few days. My usual usage is 300-900mb per month for Spotify.I listened to all my normal music, podcasts...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country United States   Device Samsung Galaxy 10e Operating System Android 12   My Question or Issue Spotify has used 10gb of data over the last few days. My usual u...
  • Robin147
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Save album button disappeared

Somehow the save album button disappeared. It was there a couple of weeks ago but now I can't find it anywhere. I've been all over the app and its gone.PlanPremiumCountryUsaDeviceGoogle pixelOperating SystemAndroid 10Spotify 8.5.24.762My Question or ...

• Regular
  • Somehow the save album button disappeared. It was there a couple of weeks ago but now I can't find it anywhere. I've been all over the app and its gone. Plan Premium Country Usa Device Google p...
  • RafaAltman
  • Visitor
  • 17 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Album save
  • 17 replies
  • 6 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify connections notification not going away

PlanPremiumCountryUnited States DeviceSamsung galaxy s10eMy Question or IssueI know this has been posted a few times, but without a resolution. That 'spotify connections ' notification will not go away. Upon expanding it, it just says 'Waze is connec...

•   Plan Premium Country United States   Device Samsung galaxy s10e My Question or Issue I know this has been posted a few times, but without a resolution. That 'spotify  connec...
  • MihailY
  • 17 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 17 replies
  • 8 likes

Superuser Contribution Disturbance in playback when I lock my screen

Disturbance in playback occurs when I lock my screen and the screen goes black. When I hit the screen and the screen lights up, playback goes normal. Disturbance is like the one you would have when there was a temporary problem with the internet conn...

• Casual Listener
  • Disturbance in playback occurs when I lock my screen and the screen goes black. When I hit the screen and the screen lights up, playback goes normal. Disturbance is like the one you would have when...
  • MihailY
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Albums are completely empty

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceAlcatel 3Operating SystemAndroid My Question or Issue: Hey having a really irritating issue the last week. No songs are appearing in any of my albums. Everything else is fine, podcasts, artist pages, liked songs, etc but when...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country   Device Alcatel 3 Operating System Android    My Question or Issue: Hey having a really irritating issue the last week. No songs are appearing in...
  • Yordan
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Lite Download Quality

Plan - PremiumCountry - United StatesDeviceFiio M9 I've been having troubles with Spotify on my (underpowered) Fiio M9 music player, so I thought that I'd give Spotify Lite a try. However, I can't seem to find any information on whether the lite vers...

• Regular
  •   Plan - Premium Country - United States Device Fiio M9   I've been having troubles with Spotify on my (underpowered) Fiio M9 music player, so I thought that I'd give Spotify Lit...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • quality
    queue
    Spotify Lite
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Download all songs at once

I am trying to download all my music on Spotify. I do not have a song tab in my library. Should I? What can I do? Any help much appreciated.

• Casual Listener
  • I am trying to download all my music on Spotify. I do not have a song tab in my library. Should I? What can I do? Any help much appreciated. 🙏
  • MihailY
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • App & Features
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution How to stop auto playing podcast episodes?

Hello, How can i stop auto playing between older to newer podcast episode? Thanks for advance.

• Composer
  • Hello,   How can i stop auto playing between older to newer podcast episode?   Thanks for advance.
  • OscarDC
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Autoplay stopped working

Autoplay function suddenly stopped working a couple of days ago. I've tried toggling autoplay on and off, restarting my phone, deleting and reinstalling the app and doing a clean reinstall as suggested but nothing has worked. Any other suggestions to...

• Casual Listener
  • Autoplay function suddenly stopped working a couple of days ago. I've tried toggling autoplay on and off, restarting my phone, deleting and reinstalling the app and doing a clean reinstall as suggest...
  • Anyone_else
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Music takeover > Wife will leave me!!

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDeviceSamsung Galaxy S21 UltraOperating SystemAndroid Oreo, Windows 10) My Question or IssueHELP! I see several threads with the same issue, but none have been answered?!Regardless if I play a song on my Chrome cast, PC, Sonos...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden Device Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra Operating System Android Oreo, Windows 10)   My Question or Issue HELP! I see several threads with the same issue, but ...
  • Vasil
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Music takeover
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes