Premium

Country

US 

Device

Moto X4

Operating System

Android Pie

My Question or Issue

This happened with my last phone, Samsung S7 running Oreo (or whatever the most recent OS is) but it was fixed when I got the Moto X4. I like to keep a lot of songs downloaded offline because my service is terrible and I also spend a lot of time in the mountains. Before I I update my phone to the new Android Pie OS there was no problems. Now everytime I reset my phone I think spotify cannot see my SD card at first and tries to download all the music to its internal storage and I have to go back in and tell it to store it in the SD card. That is extremely annyoing but not the end of the world. What is really frustrating is that I think all of the downloaded songs are still on the SD card and just keep redownloading and taking up space. Eventually this will cause me to reformat the card which will be a major pain for me since I store a large amount of photos on there also. Is anyone else have this problem? I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the application so any other suggestions or help?

Hey there.

We just wanted to let you know that we've looked into this with the right folks now.

We are currently trying to resolve the issue. We don't have a timeframe for a fix, but we're really glad you let us know about this. If you have any other questions, just let us know!

Keep your app up-to-date and have a nice day 🙂

Comments
WillianWRM

They gave a standard answer to standard problem...

kurosawsa

I have turned off my phone. Turned it back on. I open Spotify and the trouble starts all over again....

kurosawsa

After 4 times I gave up to be the Spotify tester! 

kurosawsa_0-1687501967866.png

WillianWRM

How many users are affected by this? Less than 0,1% I guess, so why bother? (sarcasm)

They simple don't care about with this issue; their final solution is to use internal storage...

dgs2-q_s9hk3h
get a pixel
WillianWRM

see?

dgs2-q_s9hk3h
lol i don't even use Spotify anymore because i hate everything. i just
think the pixel is the best android phone, no bloatware. it also happens
to have a 128 or 256 GB internal storage and no sdcard slot.
WillianWRM

So you're here, in a spotify community, telling people to use pixel just for fun?
I mean, if you don't use spotify then why on earth are you here trying to help people?

kurosawsa

I might have found the solllution ! https://techanoa.com/why-spotify-keep-delete-downloads/

Jmatteis_ca
  1. I click on the link for the app you speak of but it says error. I'm In Canada, maybe only in the US playstore? What's the app called?