Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

can't log in using android app

can't log in using android app

I can't login using my Samsung android device. it just says that something went wrong
3 Replies

Hey @codeluke567,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome. 

This type of issue is commonly related to an outdated version of the app, or some damaged cache stored on your device from previous updates. To cover both scenarios, we'd first recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app by following the steps in this article. This is often an overlooked step, but itโ€™s more thorough than a quick one and can be helpful in getting rid of any cache that might be causing trouble. 

If the issue persists, would you mind checking on a different device to see if it makes any difference? This will give us a better look at the issue to check if it could be device-related. 

Lastly, include in your next response the make, model, and OS version of your device, along with the Spotify version you're currently running to continue investigating the case.

Hope this helps. We'll be on the lookout. 

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I can login on my PC. Also, I am on a Duo membership if that helps. I tried reinstalling but that didn't help.

here's the device info:

Model name: Galaxy A13 5G

Manufacturer: samsung.

Model Number: SM-A136U

Software Version: A136USQS3BVI1

Spotify version: unknown

Hey @codeluke567,

Sorry to see this has happened!

Could you and your duo partner try switching mobile devices in order to test the app + account behaviour?
We'd like to know if you can log in to their Spotify app and if they are encountering the same error you are when they attempt using yours.
Once we know where the issue lies we'll be able to suggest additional steps.
Many thanks!

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts