Plan

Free

Country

Device

samsung galaxy phone 

Operating System

android

My Question or Issue

ive never used the spofity community before, so i dont know if this is the right spot to post this, but i cant reorder the songs on my playlists anymore. there are a ton of other things wrong with the android app (seriously, it's terrible but im too used to this stupid app to change) but this is kind of the nail in the coffin. starting today ive become unable to reorder my playlists. i heard that spotify sometimes tests or removes features at random so i think that may be what's going on but im not sure. anyone else with this issue? any advice?

9 Replies

Hey there @uwuyeehaw,

Thanks posting here in the Community! We'll gladly help you out.

Could you make sure that your playlists are sorted by your custom order? To do this open the Spotify app on your Android device, open Your Library, click on the Filters button next to the search bar and select  sort by Custom order. The app should then mirror the order on your desktop device, where you can drag and drop the playlists to rearrange them.

If these features are missing or not working properly, it's possible that the apps cache has gotten corrupted. This is usually resolved by performing a clean reinstall using the steps in this guide. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

So I can't reorder on Android? I have to do it on desktop?

Hey @Tar999,

Thanks for posting here 🙂

In case you want to reorder by Custom order on your phone, you will need to first rearrange the playlists on desktop so they can sync up.

Other sorting options such as recently played or recently added can be chosen while using the mobile app. Here you can find more information about the filtering options.

You can also check this idea regarding an option to manually rearrange playlists. You can add your +Vote and Subscribe to the thread so you can stay up-to-date with any relevant news about this.

The Community is here for you if there's anything else!

Ver Moderator

How can I rearrange the songs in a playlist?

It's me the first time asking this community

Kindly clear this doubt!

Hi @Grace60,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community and welcome 🙂

You should be able to arrange the songs in your own playlists exactly as you want in a Custom Order. The easiest way to do this is on the Desktop app where you can just drag the songs to their desired position.

On mobile, you can open the playlist > Hit the 3-dot menu > Edit playlist > Drag the songs to their desired position.

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator

The "edit playlist" option doesn't show the songs.

Hey there @MichaelLy,

Thanks for the post.

Can you send us a screenshot of how things look on your end so we can investigate this further?

Cheers.

AlexModerator

Screenshot_20221004-075127.png

This is what the interface looks like. You can tell because it says edit playlist at the top.

Hey @MichaelLy

Thanks for getting back to us. 

First up, we suggest that you try logging out and then logging back in to your account twice in a row to see if that makes the difference.

If this doesn't do the trick, it's well worth running a clean reinstall of the app on your phone to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. 

If the issue persists afterwards, would you mind checking if the same happens while using a different internet connection?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts