Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

corrupting sd cards

corrupting sd cards

I have tried on 2 separate occasions with 2 different sd cards to move my saved music from my device to my sd card and on both occasions it has corrupted the sd cards. I have lost a lot of stuff from my sd cards because of it, not to mention the cards themselves. The first time was about a year ago and I thought it was coincidence but I tried it again tonight and it done it again.
A) why is the app doing this
And B) is there a way to stop it because I'm not ruining a third sd card with this app. I'm strongly considering uninstalling it at this stage.
Thanks
7 Replies

Spotify can't corrupt your sd card. What type of SD card are you using? A good quality one should be able to be written to lots before it becomes corrupt.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Exactly the same thing happened to me, so Spotify CAN damage your SD card.

I've had 3 cards destoyed by spotify, in different devices too!!  I use Verbatim and Sandisk cards. fed up of it now.... paying £9.99 a month to destroy the cards (with other data on them too)

I knew it. Spotify is probably the cause of my corrupted SD card last month. 

Defenetly Spotify. Remove all personal data (to clear all downloaded songs as I had reached maximum and wanted to restard library) fried two SD cards (Kingston and SanDisk). Lost lots of photos and other data aswell.

Spotify just corrupted my 3rd SD card, two cards on my note 4 and now my 2nd replacement Samsung Evo 128GB card on my Galaxy S8+. I know for a fact that it's spotify, because spotify is the only thing that is affected when this **bleep** happens. Everything is good except for the offline playlists, they disappear on the app as if I never downloaded the playlist in the first place, but my SD card shows the same used/free storage space. I can never format the card once this happens. It's literally like Deja Vu. So we really need a developer to look into this! PLEASE. 😞

Can confirm this. 3 SD cards dead on my galaxy s5, different manufacturers. Spotify was THE ONLY SD CARD USING APP on my phone. My playlist contains ~1500 songs in offline mode and I use only shuffle. I guess this strains the **bleep** out of flash, when songs are allocated in big encrypted blocks.

Suggested posts