Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

*feature request* Star/unStar within the app

Solved!

*feature request* Star/unStar within the app

So in the few months I've been a Spotify Premium user the star/unstar functionality has been buried and then removed from the android app. Why? and, Can we have it back?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Collection is being tested on all platforms, iphone, android, desktop client and web player. The other thing I guess is that there would be too many icons to be pretty - the new connect icon and another icon for adding a song to your collection...

View solution in original post

9 Replies

You can still add tracks to the starred playlist so the functionality is still there. I don't know Spotify's thinking but it may be that they think that starring will be less important once collection launches.

😕 true enough.

Do you know if they're planning on making Library editable through the desktop client, or is it purely an Android team initiative? Is it on the iPhone client?  

Marked as solution

Collection is being tested on all platforms, iphone, android, desktop client and web player. The other thing I guess is that there would be too many icons to be pretty - the new connect icon and another icon for adding a song to your collection...

That puts me at ease. Collection has been working its way into the android client for months, and doesn't exist at all on my desktop client yet - which still makes things frustrating during the transition, but I'm glad the platorm as a whole is going somewhere and not just getting more and more incoherent.

I don't get how this is marked as "solved".

Having eliminated the true "star" capabilty and replacing it with a playlist make it extremely difficult ot "Unstar" tracks (or in new terms, remove from the "starred playlist").  And worse, if I see a song I like elsewhere, I have no way of knowing if I've already "starred" it any longer.

Spotify has significanlty inhibited the usability of the app and there is no convenient alternative to the star-feature they've removed yet evidently convinced themselves is an adequate alternative.

I completely agree with the previous comment. The star feature has effectively been removed and replaced with a playlist. There doesn't even need to be a dedicated star button (as I agree the app could becone a little cluttered), simply an option within the drop down list for each song/album, in the same fashion as the 'Save' option. The inability to quickly check whether a track is on my starred playlist is going to be quite frustrating.

I think the star was very functional, I hope it come back soon.

It was outlined pretty clearly in response to an Ideas topic the starred buttons won't be making a return:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Star-and-Save-coexisting/idi-p/745357

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

It's a shame. I really think this is a big, big mistake. Starred song's should be a basic funtion in any music player. Tell me how can I find my favourite songs in an album.

Suggested posts