Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

few problems / questions

few problems / questions

i have few problems / questions, the support doesn't seem to read my questions at all so i am trying here
1. i cannot delete songs when playing on the android device.
2. Spotify never says what's new / fixed with the new update at the play store, why ?
3. The home button or clicking on the widget to access spotify always gives me some stupid suggestions for bands i listened to, while i want to access playlists only as quick as possible, because its a phone, and i use it as gps and music device in the car, i prepare playlists and all i need, so i minimize the touching/clicking as much as possible, but spotify made it harder and dangerous for me on the roads when i want to easily access a playlist, i find many options, my phone is fast enough ( oneplus 2 ) but it takes long time to access each of these steps

4. What is save ? the + sign ? is it really soemthing i need? if i have add to playlists, what is save ?????
 5. how do i know that spotify really deleted the available offline songs from a deleted playlist? it seems my storage space isn't diminishing, kindly help.

5 Replies

Hi There,

Please see my responses below in red - do note I'm not employed by Spotify so these are my opinions/suggestions.

1. i cannot delete songs when playing on the android device.
What are you trying to delete? Songs saved for offline listening or songs from a playlist? Look for a button that says "Saved" and then press this to 'unsave' that track. Also use the menu button for more functions (3 dots in a circle)

2. Spotify never says what's new / fixed with the new update at the play store, why ?
Agreed. Release notes used to be posted here but then they did start putting them against the app in the Play Store. For some reason they aren't doing that anymore. I did advise the latest changes in the thread here

3. The home button or clicking on the widget to access spotify always gives me some stupid suggestions for bands i listened to, while i want to access playlists only as quick as possible, because its a phone, and i use it as gps and music device in the car, i prepare playlists and all i need, so i minimize the touching/clicking as much as possible, but spotify made it harder and dangerous for me on the roads when i want to easily access a playlist, i find many options, my phone is fast enough ( oneplus 2 ) but it takes long time to access each of these steps
You may want to add kudos to this idea which suggests being able to select the default start up page.

4. What is save ? the + sign ? is it really soemthing i need? if i have add to playlists, what is save ?????
This saves the current track/album/playlist to the 'Your Library - Songs/Albums/Playlists' section (as applicable). The plus sign is the same thing, but a shortcut which is displayed on the relevant screen for easy access - whereas when you tap the menu button you'll see the full 'Save' option. 

5. how do i know that spotify really deleted the available offline songs from a deleted playlist? it seems my storage space isn't diminishing, kindly help.
Ah, you've found one of the issues which has been plaguing the Android app for a while now. When you unmark something from being available offline it doesn't actually remove it from your device until you have less than 10% free space on your storage medium. I've already spoken to the developers about this and they are aware and I believe looking at correcting this - however it has been going on for a while so when it will be fixed I have no idea.

I hope my answers above give you what you need. If you need anything else please feel free to ask and I will answer as best possible.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Hi and thaks for your fast reply.

1. i want to delete songs from a playlist while being played, cuz it can be hard to find a song by scorlling through a playlist.

( that song is indeed saved for offline playing - since i dont want to use mobile date )

the 3 dots button shows me +save so the song isn't saved as you mention it, but i have chosen the song / playlist to be available offline though.

2. since spotify doesn't mention this in the google play notes,i don't trust them to update, cuz it's unclear what you update, unless you go to the link you sent me, which is the lon way.

3. yes, i would like at the menu, to see search , home browse radio your library, and SOMETHING called playlists for easy access.

4. ah thanks for explaining, i really dont want to use the your library and wish they remove it, i dont want to discover that much music, i have big playlists, and listen to the discover weekly list, i dont understand why spotify thinks we want to waste time and look for suggestions ! 

5. Thanks for pointing this out, i hope they have a button like refresh or similar, so that it looks for the deleted songs and removed them completly from the phone, i wonder if delete cache preferences would help `?

1. Is the playlist your own or one you have subscribed to and was created by someone else? You can only remove tracks from playlists created by yourself. What you can do (and is easier on the desktop player) is create a new playlists and drag&drop the tracks from the managed playlist to your newly created playlist thus making it your own.

2. Agreed. They should maintain a changelog on the play store - it's one of my pet hates not having changelogs for apps.

3/4. The app is set for the best experience for the majority of users. Agreed, some personal customisation would be nice though.

5. Delete the cache would work - however this would remove EVERYTHING including your preferences and you would be required to log back in, set your preferences and then re-download any offline music you want on your device.

Android Troubleshooting:

1. Yes the list is created by me, when i have time to listen while driving, some songs appear that i dont like, i want to be able to delete right away, at home i dont listen to music anymore, cuz i am busy doing other things, so it should have been better if one could delete the song right away from the android.

2/3/4 agree with you, it should be more convenient to users, at least for premium users, i have been for about 2 years now. such a shame the app didn't improve very much 

5, sounds like a good idea, i might do, but i wonder if i keep redownloading until less than 10% of the space is available, would it start delete all the non-needed files, or just up to 10% free space ?

1 - You cannot remove a track from the 'Now Playing' screen. the way to remove a track from your playlist is to find the track in the main playlist view (with all the tracks listed) then select the menu on the right of that track and press 'Remove from Playlist'.

Good idea to be able to do it from within the playlist though. You chould check to see if that idea already exists in the Ideas section? If it does then add your Kudos to show your support. If not, create a new idea and if it gets enough Kudos it may well happen!

5 - Good question, I don't know the answer as I have a 128GB SD Card and haven't come close to filling it up. If you want to have a go and see then I would be interested to hear the result.

Android Troubleshooting:

Suggested posts