Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

my spotify won't open

my spotify won't open

I have Spotify premium and I had to delete it and reinstall it for something unrelated but when I tried to re-download it there were problems, it would download but whenever I try to open it a message come up and says "no storage area found" even though I have 4GB and a sd card that has been formatted as internal storage I have tried deleting and re-installing it but there is no change, how can I get Spotify working again?. If anyone could help I would really appreciate it.

7 Replies

Hello. Could you try the following:

1. From the Android home screen, tap Settings > Apps.
  2. Find Spotify in your list of apps, tap it. For older Android devices, navigate to Settings > Applications > Manage applications.
  3. Tap Clear Data. If you're using Android 6.0+, tap Storage > Clear Data
  4. Tap Uninstall.
    For a clean reinstall, go to Storage > Android > Data and delete a folder called com.spotify.music
  5. eject and remove your SD card
  6. Open Google Play then search for and install the Spotify Music app.
  7. Check that spotify works correctly
  8. Reinsert the SD card

If you want spotify to store music on the SD card, you will need to reformat it as portable storage as explained here.

thanks for the advice but it didn't work.

Which part?

I followed all the steps and when I tried opening the app it opens to a black screen and then closes again.

Thanks. Did that happen before you reinserted the SD card?

the problem happens with the memory card in and the memory card out.

I suggest you use the online contact form and someone at Spotify can help get this sorted. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it by email and you will hear back from one of the team shortly.

Suggested posts