Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

no spotify connect symbol on android

no spotify connect symbol on android

Hi
I have a Samsung smart tv with spotify. a mac air and a sony xperia z1 with android 4.3. what I would like to do is controll the spotify on the TV using either my Sony og MAC using spotify connect. is this possible with the MAC? on my phone there is no "connect" symbol. just an empty space. I have tried to reinstall the app without success. Is there a solution?
I of course have a premium account.

Sincerely
Erlend Hopland 
2 Replies

Unless the TV is Spotify connect enabled (which is provided by firmware) this won't be possible I'm afraid. All supported Spotify Connect devices are outlined here:

https://support.spotify.com/problems/#!/article/Spotify-Connect-Partner-Devices

Currently Spotify connect is only available on speakers, I don't think there are any Spotify Connect enabled TVs. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Connect only works with connect enabled hardware devices and TVs aren't. The full list of compatible hardware currently available is in this FAQ. Connect on PCs is also not available just yet.

Connect on android is still rolling out to all users, I believe although reports from other users indicate that it appears when the phone detects a compatible device. At the moment though that doesn't help you much, I know.

Suggested posts