Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

off-line notification

Solved!

off-line notification

My wife uses my account when she cleans and sometimes she tries to use it when I am. Is there a way to tell if a user is off-line? If I know she is off-line then I can still listen at work.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi, and welcome to the community!

Unfortunately not. You'll have to coordinate your Spotify listening times for now 😛 Alteratively, setup a second account for her, and she can subscribe to all your public playlists, so she effectively has the same music as you but can use it at the same time. If you are premium however, she will need to also subscribe separately. The new Family Subscription scheme though means she'll only have to pay 4.99/mo if you're already subscribed.

Good Idea though! Feel free to submit it to the Ideas section so Spotify are aware of it.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi, and welcome to the community!

Unfortunately not. You'll have to coordinate your Spotify listening times for now 😛 Alteratively, setup a second account for her, and she can subscribe to all your public playlists, so she effectively has the same music as you but can use it at the same time. If you are premium however, she will need to also subscribe separately. The new Family Subscription scheme though means she'll only have to pay 4.99/mo if you're already subscribed.

Good Idea though! Feel free to submit it to the Ideas section so Spotify are aware of it.

Anthony 🙂

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!

Thanks Anthony, I will do that

Erm, sorry but account sharing is in violation of the terms and conditions you signed up for when registering your account. The license you have to stream is an individual license and this is enforced by the record labels to ensure artists get the credit they deserve. I can only suggest you setup a separate account for your wife (free/family) as already suggested.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Yeah I just found that out. Just set my wife with her own account. Thanks

Brilliant. Sorry, but this is in place so that the artists get paid fairly. I'm not trying to spoil anyone's fun 🙂

Thanks for taking responsible action.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

@Daniel wrote:
Erm, sorry but account sharing is in violation of the terms and conditions you signed up for when registering your account. The license you have to stream is an individual license and this is enforced by the record labels to ensure artists get the credit they deserve. I can only suggest you setup a separate account for your wife (free/family) as already suggested.

Well it is, but given the fact it only allows one person to stream at any one time, at the end of the day it works out fine regardless, and I think there are worse things that Spotify need to be trying to stop 😉

Anthony

Suggested posts