Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

offline music disappeared

offline music disappeared

Hey! I have a problemw with offlinem music on HTC m7.
I am now in Kenya, and in the place wherei stay there is no wi fi, and internet connection is poor. I have had downloaded all my favouritem musicvia the offline mode earlier, but today it just disappeared after the phone reboot. In the file manager I can still see a folder containing more than 1gbof music - so its still there, but not visible in the application. I tried anotherr reboot or logging in and out. I cant download it again and i have to complain, that it has happened to me twice.
Whats should I do?
Thanks in advance...
4 Replies

Hi, Why your phone rebooted? Can you check the size of the Spotify App in the Storage option.? screenshots will be nice to see what is going on....

Thanks for the reply! It rebooted due to battery depleting. In storage options Spotify has only 30 MB of app data, but in file manager o have found a folder with more than 1 GB of data, Spotify music probably. When i copy it to the original folder, Spotify app cant see this offline music.
I cant send screenshots due to poor internet connection.

you shouldnt move the folders spotify manages, that will mess with the app. Spotify doesn't act like a regular media player, the files it downloads are encrypted in a specific way the app can only read.

If you cannot see the music through the app, sorry but it wont be available.

Yeah, I know I shouldn't mess with the Spotify appf files. I only did that after all offline music disappeared. AGAIN. See I'm in a place where wifi doesn't exist, mobile internet connection is poor, and I downloaded some music to listen to, because I have to stay here for over1 month. Now, spotify as a offline music playeris completely unreliable. How can you trust the app that randomly just decides not to see your music?
My question is whether can I somehow restore my music library, having folder with this encrypted music?

Suggested posts