Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! every album plays in shuffle mode

Every time I play an album now it automatically changes the running order and I can't change it to play in the correct order. This happens with all albums.

• Casual Listener
  • Every time I play an album now it automatically changes the running order and I can't change it to play in the correct order. This happens with all albums.
  • olliegrifter
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

setting up streaming quality

when I set up streaming quality on android app to "extreme", is the setting the same on my denon AVR than? On the AVR app I have no settings?

• Gig Goer
  • when I set up streaming quality on android app to "extreme", is  the setting the same on my denon AVR than? On the AVR app I have no settings?
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Some folders/playlists have disappeared or are out of order

A few weeks ago I was trying out the new support for folders in the WebPlayer. I had used the drag-n-drop function to move a couple of playlists to different folders when all of a sudden some of my folders and playlists disappeared. Accessing my acco...

• Regular
  • A few weeks ago I was trying out the new support for folders in the WebPlayer. I had used the drag-n-drop function to move a couple of playlists to different folders when all of a sudden some of my f...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

volume and equalization issues Samsung Galaxy 6

main equalizer does not work volume issues withGoogle Maps volume adjustment..main volume low with bluetooth...

• Casual Listener
  • main equalizer does not work volume issues withGoogle Maps volume adjustment..main volume low with bluetooth...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • spotify sound
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Android app using excessive data for past three weeks

For some reason my Android app has suddenly started using excessive data. Today I streamed two albums and found the app consumed 2.74GB of data. It's been happening for three weeks now and, having been a user for a number of years now, this is defini...

• Casual Listener
  •   For some reason my Android app has suddenly started using excessive data. Today I streamed two albums and found the app consumed 2.74GB of data. It's been happening for three weeks now and, h...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify no longer works on my Galaxy Note 4

Hi. I'm a spotify premium user and as of the last few days, spotify simply no longer works on my Galaxy Note 4 phone. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the app 4 times or so, rebooting my phone, etc. Nothing works. When I try to open it, I ge...

• Hi. I'm a spotify premium user and as of the last few days, spotify simply no longer works on my Galaxy Note 4 phone. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the app 4 times or so, rebooting my pho...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Release Notes - Spotify for Android (2.7.0)

What's new in this version (2.7.0)   Minor improvements

ReleaseNotesAnd.jpg
  • Community Legend
  •   What's new in this version (2.7.0)   Minor improvements
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Release Notes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Android Tablet and Amazon Fire TV Stick with Spotify Connect

Hi folks, about 2 weeks ago I got the brand new Fire TV Stick, so that I can use Spotify Connect with my sound system. At the beginning everything worked well and i was pretty impressed, that such a little device has that much power.But about 4 days ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi folks,   about 2 weeks ago I got the brand new Fire TV Stick, so that I can use Spotify Connect with my sound system. At the beginning everything worked well and i was pretty impressed, tha...
  • PinguinofG
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android 4.4
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Cant view full widget when screen locked to change song on Sony Experia Z2

Hi, when the screen is locked on Sony Experia Z2, the buttons available when pressing the power button are play, pause and next. The previous option is totally missing. Android version is lollipop. The control part of the widget is not completely sha...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, when the screen is locked on Sony Experia Z2, the buttons available when pressing the power button are play, pause and next. The previous option is totally missing. Android version is lollipop. T...
  • JaMiNo
  • Music Fan
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Some albums are on spotify but aren't showing up on the artist page

When I search for the Bleacher's "I wanna get better" and "Strange Desire" they won't show up on the spotify app, I went on to the web player found it and added it to my music, however the tracks are all grayed out and won't play nor show up on the a...

• Regular
  • When I search for the Bleacher's  "I wanna get better" and "Strange Desire" they won't show up on the spotify app, I went on to the web player found it and added it to my music, however the trac...
  • DannyFL
  • Roadie
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Albums
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Doesn't Work!!!

Spotify - the icon- doesn't appear on the notifications bar on my device even while the app is running background. I have to click the icon on the menu every single time to see what I'm listening to. I guess it is because of the Musicxmatch app which...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify - the icon- doesn't appear on the notifications bar on my device even while the app is running background. I have to click the icon on the menu every single time to see what I'm listening to....
  • ErickRGuetta
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Android app redownload tracks switching cell off and tracks stopping

First of all apologies if this has been mentioned before but after reading a large amount of comments I am at my wits end. I have a premium account, a desktop with the software installed with Win7 64bit. I also _for remote access - use an android cel...

• Music Fan
  • First of all apologies if this has been mentioned before but after reading a large amount of comments I am at my wits end. I have a premium account, a desktop with the software installed with Win7 64...
  • kapitikarl
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

I'm using an android device, and the spotify max volume is still too low.

I've tried looking for posts about this topic, but I cannot find any solutions. compared to other audio apps, Spotify is pitiful. And it wasn't always like this. I've only had this problem for a couple of months. Before, I'd use to have to turn the v...

• I've tried looking for posts about this topic, but I cannot find any solutions. compared to other audio apps, Spotify is pitiful. And it wasn't always like this. I've only had this problem for a coup...
  • ErickRGuetta
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • volume
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Last.fm Log-in Error on Mobile App

My Spotify app isn't allowing me to sign in to my Last.fm account for scrobbling. My account name and password are correct, there are no blank spaces before or after either the username or password, and I have reinstalled the app a few times now (had...

• Casual Listener
  • My Spotify app isn't allowing me to sign in to my Last.fm account for scrobbling. My account name and password are correct, there are no blank spaces before or after either the username or password, ...
  • AdamAG
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

One playlist wont download

Hi everybody, I have this one playlist that wont go offline under any circunstances, even if It is the only playlist. Everytime i click the button to download It just resets itself.I use Android 4.4 (I have a premium account obviously) Thanks!

• Casual Listener
  • Hi everybody, I have this one playlist that wont go offline under any circunstances, even if It is the only playlist. Everytime i click the button to download It just resets itself. I use Androi...
  • tekio
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Max volume on my lg g3 is too low when playing on spotify

I just bougth a lg g3 and started downloading my playlists on the device and when I started playing the max volume is just too low. I can even overhear the music playing in the gym when Im on my headphones. I know is not volume settings on the device...

• Casual Listener
  • I just bougth a lg g3 and started downloading my playlists on the device and when I started playing the max volume is just too low. I can even overhear the music playing in the gym when Im on my head...
  • rtik13
  • Roadie
  • 14 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Problema con reproduccion offline

Hola.Yo antes tenía una cuenta premium y no tenía problema alguno. Ahora decidí hacer otra cuenta premium conectandome desde facebook (pagué por 3 meses) y al descargar mi musica...todo bien pero no puedo escucharla en modo offline, queda en segundo ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hola. Yo antes tenía una cuenta premium y no tenía problema alguno. Ahora decidí hacer otra cuenta premium conectandome desde facebook (pagué por 3 meses) y al descargar mi musica...todo bien pero n...
  • DannyFL
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How to contact Spotify about incorrect charges.

Can someone let me know how I can find out why I am being charged for premium service when my subscription page says I have the free service. It seems impossible to contact Spotify to find out. Thanks

• Casual Listener
  • Can someone let me know how I can find out why I am being charged for premium service when my subscription page says I have the free service. It seems impossible to contact Spotify to ...
  • ErickRGuetta
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline Songs

since a couple of weeks i notice that when i use my account on a different computer/phone, i have to download every song on my offline playlist, but thats no the entire problem, the problem is that somehow those songs that i downloaded stay on my pho...

• Casual Listener
  • since a couple of weeks i notice that when i use my account on a different computer/phone, i have to download every song on my offline playlist, but thats no the entire problem, the problem is that s...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

my phone reboots when starting spotify

Hi. First of all, sorry about my english. The problem i wanna talk you about is that my phone (Alcatel onetouch m'pop 5020) reboots itself each time i try to use spotify.Since i though it was all about my phone i restored it to factory data (even usi...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi.   First of all, sorry about my english.   The problem i wanna talk you about is that my phone (Alcatel onetouch m'pop 5020) reboots itself each time i try to use spotify. Since&nbs...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes