Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

play / stop controls not showing up on lockscreen widget

play / stop controls not showing up on lockscreen widget

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Xiaomi 12 Pro

Operating System

Android 13

My Question or Issue

The play / pause  button as well es the progress bar is missing, the only buttons available on the lockscreen are shuffle / like / devices.

I tried all the other recommendations to fix android problems. Please help 😞

19 Replies

Have you tried a clean reinstall? If not, please follow these instructions.

Yes, I did this already.

Hey @Caranthir84,

Thanks for your replies and for all the info shared.

In this case, we'd like to gather some additional info. Would you mind sending us the exact Spotify version you're running?

On another note, did you notice if this started to happen after a specific event, such as an OS update? If yes, please send us the details.

Lastly, and just to confirm, is this happening of you open your account in a different mobile Android device? It’d be awesome if you could check. You can ask for the mobile device of a relative or a friend to open your account and check

Meanwhile, we suggest you log out and log in twice in a row onto your Spotify account. This could sound a little bit odd, but this way the system will force a resync of your account in general.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Have the same problem on my Xiaomi 12 after I received the OS update for Android 13 a few days ago.

Already tried to turn off and on the notifications with a reboot in-between, but without success.

Hi there @TLEnigma,

Thanks for the post.

We've reported this issue to our tech teams, but it looks like this is an OS related issue that affects other music players on Android 13 as well. Our teams are doing their best to communicate this to other developers. Hopefully it will be resolved in future OS updates, but we don't have official information when this will happen. 

We'll keep you posted here as soon as we have more info.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Yes, I think the issue is connected to the new android media player in Android 13, I noticed the same problem when using audible.

Still, shouldn't the spotify app adjust to the new OS?

Hopefully, they're working on that as well. I wonder who'll get the patch out sooner 👀

Waiting for an update for the OS can take ages. I also guess this should be helped with by an update from Spotify.

Plan

Premium

Country

Turkey

Device

Samsung A72

Operating System

Android One UI 5/Android 13

My Question or Issue

My spotify was fine just yesterday but today I noticed that the spotify widget on lockscreen has changed. It looks like a notification now, the controls and the album cover have disappeared and only the title is there. The widget is normal when I slide up. I have tried every method I've come across. I did a clean reinstall, I mindled with the notification and widget settings, I tried customizing my lockscreen but nothing worked. What do I do?

Screenshot_20230204_122204_WhatsApp.jpg

Got an OS Update to 14.0.2 and controls are back.

Hi there @TLEnigma,

Thanks for the post.

Glad to hear everything is back to normal after the OS has updated.

Led us know if the issue comes back.

Take care.

AlexModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Tried reinstalling, relogging twice, clearing cache, enabled every Spotify or music related permission.

This worked for me:

Enable Lock Screen Music Widget

Step 1. On Android, head to Settings > Lock screen or Lock screen and security and tap on it.
Step 2. Look for options like Lock screen widgets, Lock screen shortcuts, or Lock screen display and tap on it.
Step 3. Scroll through the list of available widgets or shortcuts and tap on Spotify, then enable the lock screen music widget for it.

Solved. Just go to face unlock options and disable the "Skip to lockscreen" option.

I did all this previously, and just to double-check, I check all these again and none of this fixes the feature that used to be there.

Not solved. I did this and it does auto unlock without skipping as suggested, but that is not my issue. My issue is that during either the lock screen with pre-unlock on or off, it does not display the previously showing spotify widget on the lock screen.

I have the same problem on my Pixel 8 Pro, Android 14.

Spotify v8.8.76.667

Can't see the control panel for Spotify on the lock screen. 

Pixel 7 Pro - after updating to Android 14 Spotify player disappeared from lock screen. Found this setting: search setting "More Security & Privacy", click on it, and then enable the checkbox "Show media on lock screen"

Pixel 8 / Android 14 here. The Spotify lock screen widget was showing / working until I activated Face Unlock. After doing so, I do not see the Spotify widget OR any other notifications. Delete face profile to disable Face Unlock and the widget reappeared. Hope this helps someone.

Suggested posts