Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

player icons without tooltips

Solved!

player icons without tooltips

What are these icons on the left and right of the player menu for? Shuffle? Repeat?There should be tooltips for an explanation...

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Ironic. I was just coming to this thread again as I realized I hadn't actually answered your question.

You are quite right. The icon on the left which looks like two arrows crossing is 'Shuffle' and the two arrows chasing each other are 'repeat'.

When either are active the icon colour will change from white to green. Repeat can be toggled twice: once repeats the entire album/playlist and the second time (indicated by the number '1' shown in the icon) sets repeat to only repeat the active track.

Tap the icon again to disable.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

View solution in original post

3 Replies

The icons used are industry standard media icons used universally. However if you are ever unsure on how the Android application works or have any questions please do not hesitate to post here on the forum where (mostly) someone would be willing to help.

Android Troubleshooting:

ok, even if they are standard, they are obviously not self explaining. what do they mean?
Marked as solution

Ironic. I was just coming to this thread again as I realized I hadn't actually answered your question.

You are quite right. The icon on the left which looks like two arrows crossing is 'Shuffle' and the two arrows chasing each other are 'repeat'.

When either are active the icon colour will change from white to green. Repeat can be toggled twice: once repeats the entire album/playlist and the second time (indicated by the number '1' shown in the icon) sets repeat to only repeat the active track.

Tap the icon again to disable.

Android Troubleshooting:

Suggested posts