Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

playing music on diff devices

Solved!

playing music on diff devices

I have my spotify on 2 phones and my iPad. How can we listen to music at the same time without having to hear what my wife and daughter listening to

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

As far as I know, you will need separate accounts to accomplish this.

As soon as you hit play on device 2, music played on device 1 will stop, as long as they're logged in using the same account.

Me and my girlfriend have a whole bunch of devices, smart phones, tablets, notebooks and desktop computers and ran into the same "problem". However, a good old-fashioned offline library helps solving such problems as well.

cheer, lugi

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

We are not a family. This is why we have two separate premium accounts, each with their own playlists. Each device has multiple user accounts. So I don't think there is any violation here. We share Music through playlist sharing, which is a built-in feature.

So, don't worry, everything according to the EULA.

cheers Lugi

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

As far as I know, you will need separate accounts to accomplish this.

As soon as you hit play on device 2, music played on device 1 will stop, as long as they're logged in using the same account.

Me and my girlfriend have a whole bunch of devices, smart phones, tablets, notebooks and desktop computers and ran into the same "problem". However, a good old-fashioned offline library helps solving such problems as well.

cheer, lugi

HI,

What you are doing is account sharing and is in violation of the Terms & Conditions of your Spotify account. Note this is a licensing restriction; maybe you should consider a family plan www.spotify.com/family

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History
Marked as solution

We are not a family. This is why we have two separate premium accounts, each with their own playlists. Each device has multiple user accounts. So I don't think there is any violation here. We share Music through playlist sharing, which is a built-in feature.

So, don't worry, everything according to the EULA.

cheers Lugi

Suggested posts