Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Quit" or "Exit" button needed

Solved!

"Quit" or "Exit" button needed

Why havent Spotify implemented a Quit or Exit button to end session. It will be easier to just hit the Quit or Exit button, so that the app. wont stay running in background. Any thoughts?.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi!

Many Android Apps no longer have the exit button because it's not needed. Going to the recent apps and swiping to close can stop the session or that "x" button on the notification area. But, you can submit an idea here.

Hope this helps 🙂

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Yeah, silly with extra money in my wallet...

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi!

Many Android Apps no longer have the exit button because it's not needed. Going to the recent apps and swiping to close can stop the session or that "x" button on the notification area. But, you can submit an idea here.

Hope this helps 🙂

I guess youre right, swipe to end is the best solution. Thanks anyway

@user-removed wrote:

Hi!

Hope this helps 🙂

So if many other android apps jump off a bridge, my spotify should too? Whether or not an "x" is needed is irrelevent, if i'm going to pay for premium i want an "x" And no, your post didn't help one bit...

You're being silly now @user-removed. I guess Spotify should be glad you don't feel entitled to a lot more than an 'x' as a subscriber. I found this helpful answer in a stack exchange UX discussion.

"The major mobile touch screen operating systems (iOS, Windows Phone 7, Android) don't trouble the user with "closing" applications in the way that desktop applications do. This simplifies the experience, making applications appear seamlessly built into the operating system.

Typically, applications on these operating systems will "pause" when the user returns to another application or the home screen, using no CPU time but remaining "asleep" in memory. If the current application needs more memory, the operating system closes down the least used application, freeing up memory that can be used by the foreground application.

The answer is: you simply don't need to close applications manually on modern mobile operating systems."

Marked as solution

Yeah, silly with extra money in my wallet...

Suggested posts