Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Your Library" redesign, where are my artists / albums??

Solved!

"Your Library" redesign, where are my artists / albums??

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

LG G6

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

Hi, I have noticed yesterday thet when I clik on "my library" the menu changed. This has brought massive issues.

Within Music I can see a Playlist: "Favourite Songs", it seems this is complete but this not organized.

BUT when I go to Album or Artits tab (see attached) I can only see 9 artist!! Where is the rest! Also when I click on one artits it goes to the main Artist page, not to the songs of that artist saved on my library.

I do not like this change! How can I access my library properly organized by albums or artists like previously?

Hope it can be reverted back, I am not sure it will be worth the subscription if it is not fixed.

Thanks!

Screenshot1.jpg
Screenshot2.jpg
29 Replies

Currently Googling 'spotify alternatives'.

First of all - The app loads INCREDIBLY slow and always says "Go online to see menu" even if I'm online or playing a playlist of downloaded music. Why would it need to go online for that?

Second - You can't select multiple songs or playlists on mobile. It makes organizing time-consuming and inconvenient.

Third - they don't have an option where you can see what playlists a song is in. I feel like user-created playlists have almost no visibility because of this.

Fourth - no song history? You can only see a few of the last songs played on desktop only. There are so many songs I've heard but couldn't skip back to know what it was. So disappointing.

It's also weird that you have to like a song for it to be saved to your library. Why can't you just "Add to your library" like literally every other music application ever. I guess that's just a cosmetic preference but I wish it was like the old UI.  

Same problem as everyone else here. It's truly mind-blowing that this is even an issue, as the solution seems like common sense. Why would there not be a way to sort artists alphabetically? It makes zero sense, and completely turns me off from the experience. I'm currently riding out a year subscription, but if anyone has any alternatives for when that expires, I'm all ears.

Bye bye Spotify, I really enjoyed having my premium subscription, well, until you made it impossible for me to find particular artists from my library while being on the go. I've waited a couple of months for you to bring back the alphabetic order of my library. Yet, you prefer not to. So, that's it for me with you... I'm saying good bye to you and hello to Apple Music. 

If you follow the artists they will show up in alphabetical order. 

Hi,
Yes they do, but then next time I open the page, a large amount of artists become ‘unfollowed’ and are randomly held under a heading “recommended artists based on the songs and albums you like”, at the end of the alphabet. These are all artists I have previously followed, I can then ‘follow’ them again and they reappear above in the alphabetical list of followed artists. All fine and well, until I close the page or turn off my iPad. When I open the page/switch on iPad, the same happens again. What on earth is the reason for this? For the life of me, I cannot fathom it. Does anyone else experience this or have any ideas to overcome the problem?
I would be very grateful for a solution to this, before I go completely insane!

I finally canceled my Spotify Premium because of this ridiculous design. How they ever thought taking away the basic functionality of being able to browse your liked music by artists is beyond me. And the fact they haven't changed it back after the response is truly ridiculous. I've switched to Amazon. I'm not sure how much I love it yet, but at least I can browse my liked music by artist...you know, like you should be able to do in ANY music app. Bye Spotify!!!!!

Yeah, I'm doing it right now myself. I tried to get used to it. And follow everyone for simplicity; but now, I'm noticing that the app runs slower and playlists and radio options load instantly but "artists" lags like crazy. Almost like they are intentionally lagging that category to push people into music they don't want to hear. Nope. I'm done.

You won't regret it at all. I didn't!

This has been a major frustration of mine. I’m about to move to tidal if this can’t be fixed. There was nothing wrong with the way it was done before. Why did they make the change to this new library system?

Marked as solution

Hey folks,

We appreciate your feedback on the recent Your Library update.

The best way to provide your feedback going forward is to add your vote to one of the following relevant ideas:

If you'd like to submit a different idea regarding Your Library, make sure to check out this Spotify Answer to see how to go about it.

Thanks!

Suggested posts