Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

recently played albums go to the bottom instead of staying at the top

recently played albums go to the bottom instead of staying at the top

i sort the albums in my library by recently played but lately id find that that some recently played albums have randomly gone to the bottom of the list
my only option is to pin them to the top i can's un instal or clear the data because i have like 40gb of downloads
7 Replies

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Can you let us know the following info:

• Device model and OS version
  • Spotify version
  • A screenshot of how things look on your end

Also it would be helpful if you check what happens when you sort Albums by different criteria?

Looking forward to your reply.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

device/os: samsung galaxy S8 /android 9

spotify version:8.7.38.665

screenshot 3 : this is the top of the list the recently played album is where it supposed to be at the top

screenshot 2: near the bottom of the list the two album marked with green circle have been played fairly recently the album.in the middle of the two had not been played for months

screenshot 1: the albums marked in green had been played a couple of days ago but some how there at the very bottom of the list

the problem is that recently played albums stay at the top for a day or so i dont know how much time exactly and then randomly go down the list in random order this problem has been happening for couple of months now i auto update the app

20220619_191047.jpg
20220619_191129.jpg
Screenshot_20220619-190838_Spotify.jpg

Hey @hamzamg1999,

Thanks for the info and the screenshots. 

Just to confirm, does the function to filter by "Alphabetical, Recently played, Recently added, Most recent and Creator" work when sorting the different sections within the Artist, Album, or playlists tab (keep in mind each tab has its own filter)? This is in order to know if parts of the function (e.g. alphabetical) don't work as expected.

Lastly, let us know if this happens when logging in with a different device and when using the right filter to organize the content displayed by your desired selection.

We'll stay tuned.  

AndresMModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

i appreciate your reply but i dont know how that might help in my situation if i sort alphabetically or by any other criteria that does not base the order of the list on my listening activity it works fine my problem is when i sort by recently played which is how i've been using spotify for years . also every time i close spotify it resets my choices in the library like i always choose from the top albums and downloaded but every time i open it i have to choose again from the top and that have been happening alot recently , thank you.

Edit:

i just checked the artist tab in my library and oh boy is it bad when sorted by recently played and recently added it showed me the same list plus the order of the artist is a total mess 

Hey @hamzamg1999,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you confirm you're experiencing the same  as previously described when you use a different account?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

i'm sorry i can't do that 

Hi there @hamzamg1999,

Thank you for your reply and for all the troubleshooting you've done so far.

Can you perform a clean reinstall of the app? This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If that doesn't do the trick, do you have the option to log into a different device - such as a friend or a family members to see if the issue persists? This will help us understand if it's account related or not.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Take care 🙂 

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts