Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

sd Storage problem

sd Storage problem

Hello, My name is Arturo, I'm from Mexico, sorry about my english tough, well, here is the thing, I got a new celphone, I bought it like 2 months ago after my xperia crashed down, well, is a Huawei Y560, Android 5.1.1 , I'm a premium user, so I use ot used spotify in my xperia, downloading my playlist to lisent to it in to offline mode, well It worked perfect, when I changed to Huawei I had no problem either, but for some reason I had the great Idea to unmarked my playlist to download it again, actually I cant remember if I did that exactly this, but  my playlist wasnt sincronized anymore as offline mode, so I tried it again but I couldnt save it anymore on my SD, it start it self to save it on my internal memory, so I did all what I found in this community to solve my problem, nothing worked..., so then with the new spotify update I thought my problem was solved, cause now we can choose where we wanna save our music, but well... not for me, I had 2 options to save my music wich is the internal memory, and yes, an SD, but for me is like a unreal SD cause it shows that its a SD but the capacity is exactly the same as my internal memory, I attached a screen shot of what Im trying to say, I hope someone could help me to solve this little trouble cause really, is driving me crazy, why my 16 gb SD cant be reconigzed by SPOTIFY??? why a non-existing SD?? thank you very much! best regards.Screenshot_2016-04-04-01-45-47.png

9 Replies

Can you tgry to reformat your SD card? Seems like it's not being properly recognised by the device.

Make sure to back up everything on it first!

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

hello Daniel, thanks a lot for your help, acutally I did it already last night, I reformated my SD, actually before the last udpate from... last saturday I think or friday cant remember, I used to have to SD, the one that you can see on the screenshot, and my real SD, when I try to save everything on my Real SD, it said that the SD had some restrictions, that I had to check before save something on my SD, and after the update, SPOTIFY dont show my SD anymore, just the one that you can see, dont know what to do. thank you.

This is what I had before the last update, it says We were not able to move your data, could be a problem with your SD, Check the permisions and try it again, but now not even that is happen, so dont know what to do.IMG_20160330_141543.pngIMG_20160330_141543.png

IMG_20160330_141543.pngScreenshot_2016-03-30-13-24-55.png

And to confirm; the SD you are talking about is an external SD card which you have inserted into your device. I suspect the 2 storage options you can see currently are just internal memory partitions and not in fact your SD card.

If you go to phone settings then memory, do you see an external SD card listed here? If so, can you format it whilst it is in your device?

Now, uninstall Spotify, then re-install it to see if it detects the SD card.

If it still cannot, are you able to try with a different SD card as it could be that the one you have is corrupt.

Android Troubleshooting:

Thanks Daniel, Yes it is and external SD Memory card, I already did all what you said, actually I did it before u said it to me, and is not working at all, the funny thing is that I can save everything in my sd card, my phone and even other apps can recognized my sd card, unfortunately I dont have and other SD to check if is that the problem, but as I said before, when I got the phone I had no problems to save my playlists in spotify, but now is not working at all, this night I'm gonna reboot my phone to see if it works, anyways, if you have a solution for me I will really apreciate it, thanks a lot!

Odd.Can you try another clean install of the app and follow word-for-word the steps in the below linked guide? Make sure to do the reboot!

Android Troubleshooting:

hello Daniel, well, just to let you know, I already did everything, I re-formated my SD, I rebooted my phone, and I still have the same problem... I dont know whats going on... 

Please read the guide linked below for details on the most common issues and how to fix them. Usually a clean install is the first step to take and resolves most of the usual issues; the guide details the steps to take to ensure a full 'clean installation' is achieved - This includes checking redundant folders and a REBOOT!

Android Troubleshooting:

Hello Daniel, I didnt write you back cause I was quite mad with this situation, but now actually I have a new SD and I'm using it in my Huawei Y5, (I know that my phone just sucks) but well, thats not the real thing, as I said before, I have a new sd 16 gb, I'm using as normal now but I sitll have the same problem, I already did everything you told me and is still not working at all, it still appears that my SD has the same storage as my interal storage, It appear as my SD is and Sdcard0, it suppose to be Sdcard1 am I right?? so I dont know if the problem is just that my Sd is configurated as an Internal and not external, could be this the problem? please help me in this issue, its driving me totally crazy!, I hope you can help me out with this, thanks a lot.

Suggested posts