Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

search not working in android app

search not working in android app

Any suggestions? Have reinstalled.
16 Replies

I've had this issue too with my android.  Also having the same problem in my windows installation of Spotify too.  Hoping they fix it soon.  Can't get anything to show for one word searches, when usually I get loads of results. 

Looking at forum, it seems there was other users having issues for approx a week now. 

Same here guys...

very annoying. My windows installation has started working again, but it took a couple of tries.

glad it's not just me.

Hi - is this just a temporary thing?  I can't search from my Galaxy Samsung and I have signed up for the premium version so I obvioulsy don't want this to be a permenant problem.

Allison

@upthedale wrote:
Any suggestions? Have reinstalled.

Doing my head in. HTC phone. Search not working

what is more annoying is that their service status says that everything is working fine.  Is it hell!!!!

Same issue on Acer tab since several days.
Search doesn't give any result.

Solved after flushing cache, deinstalling the app then reinstalling from Google Play !
Sorry, I should have tried before posting...

We had a little issue with our searching database over the weekend too - However, as you may have seen, this should be sorted now.
Airhorn Enthusiast

The problem still persists on my samsung galaxy s 2.

@BeachKlas wrote:
The problem still persists on my samsung galaxy s 2.

Hey 🙂 

Have you tried a clean reinstallation of the application at all?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Correction: I had not made a clean reinstall. I believe I failed to shut my phone off and then turn it on.

Now I have made a clean reinstall complete with shutdown after uninstall. 

Search is now working. I'll come back here if the problem reappears.

The issue has not returned since I made the clean reinstall 2 weeks ago.

Am suffering same problem using Samsung Galaxy S2 on 3 in the UK.

Tried a clean reinstall - no joy.

Any other suggestions?

Um, this problem is definitely NOT the result of a server issue last year, it is ongoing?? Search worked fine on my phone two months ago, and it randomly decides to clear it all and not save it? A) spontaneous B) bull**bleep**. Why do I pay for this when I could be pirating the same music for free? Probably because it is convenient, otherwise there is no plus to spotify lagging up my p.o.s. laptop or freezing my phone. So how do I recover all the artists lost?

@yellerbelt1 - Slightly confused here, is it android search history you are missing? 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi, I have the same problem since the last update. And I'm starting to feel really ANGRY about paying for a service that doesn't work properly. The android app is simply a mess, with a lot of stability problems, download music deleted, and now searches unavailable. Please do it something and do it now, because I will cancel my subscription if things keep on going like this, and I know many other users as angry and disappointed as me. Thanks.

Suggested posts