Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify for Android - playlist folders not supported

iPhone owners have been able to use folders to organise Spotify playlists for over 7 months now. What is the delay for the Android version? Folders are an essential part of the user experience and should be consistent across all operating systems, so...

• Casual Listener
  • iPhone owners have been able to use folders to organise Spotify playlists for over 7 months now.  What is the delay for the Android version?  Folders are an essential part of...
  • jade29614
  • Casual Listener
  • 28 replies
  • 20 likes
  • 28 replies
  • 20 likes

Tracks playing randomly

When I try to listen to a playlist, the tracks do not play in order. They skip around randomly and shuffle is not selected. Is there another solution?

• When I try to listen to a playlist, the tracks do not play in order. They skip around randomly and shuffle is not selected. Is there another solution?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Local files on phone

Hello everyone! I've been wanting to have my local files on my phone to be possible to play through Spotify so I can put them in my playlists. Sadly, Spotify doesn't have all the music I want. I've been trying to read and figure out why I couldn't pl...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello everyone! I've been wanting to have my local files on my phone to be possible to play through Spotify so I can put them in my playlists. Sadly, Spotify doesn't have all the music I ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist ordenimg

HiWhen i use the android app for my phone the playlists are always ordened randomly When i orden the playlist on alphabetic order of artist it works but i cant save it, i need to do this every time i open a playlistCan somebody help me whit this?Than...

• Music Fan
  • Hi When i use the android app for my phone the playlists are always ordened randomly When i orden the playlist on alphabetic order of artist it works but i cant save it, i need to do this every ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

[ENHANCEMENT request] Artist name isnot displayed on lockscreen on adroid

Hello, On Android app (I don't remember it on iPhone version) only album and track name are displayed on the lockscreen.It seems rare to me to display these to field instead of Artist and Track name (so artist name instead of album). I'm pretty sure ...

• Regular
  • Hello,   On Android app (I don't remember it on iPhone version) only album and track name are displayed on the lockscreen. It seems rare to me to display these to field instead of Artist and ...
  • wispmax
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Going around in circles

Had a premium account and have changed my card details - since then my subscription has changed and when I try and subscribe to premium again it takes me back to Facebook loging page and then back to spotify home page, then back to Facebook! have del...

• Had a premium account and have changed my card details - since then my subscription has changed and when I try and subscribe to premium again it takes me back to Facebook loging page and then back to...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

lost downloads/recovery...please help

Just randomly, I opened up my Spotify and all my downloaded music in my playlist was gone. Additionally I tried to re-download them and my downloads are stuck at 0%. Any help would be appreciated.

• Regular
  • Just randomly, I opened up my Spotify and all my downloaded music in my playlist was gone.  Additionally I tried to re-download them and my downloads are stuck at 0%.  Any help would be app...
  • martina123
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline Mode needs to be online for a moment

Hello, i am quite new to spotify and have since yesterday a problem with the downloaded songs in the offline mode on my android device (S3 mini). I already cleared the cache, deinstalled spotify, deleted the /android/data/spotify folders and reinstal...

• Gig Goer
  • Hello, i am quite new to spotify and have since yesterday a problem with the downloaded songs in the offline mode on my android device (S3 mini).   I already cleared the cache, deinstalled s...
  • Zoriel
  • Gig Goer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify makes Samsung G3 4G shake

Hi GuysJust got a replacement Samsung Galaxy S3. I installed Spotify. It works fine, but includes a feature which makes the phone shake along with the bass. It is extremely annoying, and I cannot figure out how to turn it off. It does not happen with...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi Guys Just got a replacement Samsung Galaxy S3. I installed Spotify. It works fine, but includes a feature which makes the phone shake along with the bass. It is extremely annoying, and I cannot...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

[BUG] senders are mixed in INBOX

Hello, Problem : In the INBOX (in adroid app only) the senders of tracks are displayed in the wrong order Example : friend 1 sent song 1 friend 2 sent song 2 friend 3 sent song 3 friend 4 sent song 4 While everything is displayed properly on Spotify ...

• Regular
  • Hello,   Problem : In the INBOX (in adroid app only) the senders of tracks are displayed in the wrong order   Example : friend 1 sent song 1 friend 2 sent song 2 friend 3 se...
  • wispmax
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Syncing from android to computer- can it be done?

Hi I am not very savvy so please forgive this question if it seems ridiculous. I use my galaxy note II a whole lot more than I use my home computer so I have a heap of artists I have added to my collection and downloaded straight to my phone. However...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi I am not very savvy so please forgive this question if it seems ridiculous.  I use my galaxy note II a whole lot more than I use my home computer so I have a heap of artists I have added to...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

HTC ChaCha playing jumps and locks

when i play songs (ONLY WHEN SCREEN OFFs, if I unlock screen, the rpoblem solves) online with my spotify, and when I listen it throught my earphones or car bluethooth, it shocks, the song coninues playing but jumping, (like cpu problems) i have teste...

• Casual Listener
  • when i play songs (ONLY WHEN SCREEN OFFs, if I unlock screen, the rpoblem solves) online with my spotify, and when I listen it throught my earphones or car bluethooth, it shocks, the song coninues pl...
  • ederarr
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Why Dont I see number on phone..

Hi, I am putting number in my laptop in spotify which are not in Spotify. So I import them in spotify and put it in a playlist. On de laptop it is working. But now i want to have it on my phone and tablet I see them but they are not availble. What is...

• Roadie
  • Hi,   I am putting number in my laptop in spotify which are not in Spotify. So I import them in spotify and put it in a playlist. On de laptop it is working.   But now i want to hav...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Low volume on Android - some kind of explanation

Hi I myself has experienced the most annoying thing where the volume on my S3, when starting a new track for example, reduces by approx 30% within a half a second. After been reading a couple of posts, I ended up with the solution to turn the EQ off....

• Casual Listener
  • Hi    I myself has experienced the most annoying thing where the volume on my S3, when starting a new track for example, reduces by approx 30% within a half a second.  After been...
  • Fettklomp
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

music on mobile phone plays with interruptions

I have a premium account and have been playing Spotify for over a year on my Samsung GT-55360 with no problems. Since last week however, the music often starts 'stuttering' and even slows down. I have tried several things : I have updated my mobile; ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a premium account and have been playing Spotify for over a year on my Samsung GT-55360 with no problems. Since last week however, the music often starts 'stuttering' and even slows down. I hav...
  • pswimberghe
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

I just bought a brand new Samsung i9505 and installed Spotify on it. I've been using Spotify as a premium customer for a while and it's always worked on my old phone. However with this new phone and brand new install, it keeps asking me to log in eve...

• I just bought a brand new Samsung i9505 and installed Spotify on it. I've been using Spotify as a premium customer for a while and it's always worked on my old phone. However with this new phone and ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Facebook
    Login
    Playlists deleted
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Some downloaded songs wont play

I've searched the forum for solutions, but haven't found anything. I use a Sony Xperia Z and some of the songs I've downloaded just refuse to play on my phone. If I play them on my computer they work just fine. I've tried to delete them for the playl...

• Regular
  • I've searched the forum for solutions, but haven't found anything.   I use a Sony Xperia Z and some of the songs I've downloaded just refuse to play on my phone. If I play them on my compute...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes

Android import Songs that are not on Spotify

Hello Spotify-Community! I have the problem, that i have some underground music, that I can not download on my phone, is that fixable, or what do I have to do? Thanks beforehand Saloh

• Casual Listener
  • Hello Spotify-Community! I have the problem, that i have some underground music, that I can not download on my phone, is that fixable, or what do I have to do? Thanks beforehand Saloh
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Spotify Code

Hey guys. i need some help i was wondering if i buy a code from a store in Sweden will the code work everywhere for example USA. England, Kina?

• Casual Listener
  • Hey guys. i need some help   i was wondering if i buy a code from a store in Sweden will the code work everywhere for example USA. England, Kina?
  • poles97
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Blackouts while listening on Android

Hello Spotify community, I'm using Spotify Premium for a couple of days now and I'm very happy with that. But I've discovered that sometimes there are "blackouts" when I'm listening to music on my mobile (Samsung Galaxy S2, Cyanogenmod 10.1.3 RC2). W...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello Spotify community, I'm using Spotify Premium for a couple of days now and I'm very happy with that. But I've discovered that sometimes there are "blackouts" when I'm listening to music on my m...
  • karbas
  • Casual Listener
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes