Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

sharing on facebook not working

sharing on facebook not working

Since a week (roughly) i can't use my sony xperia z1 to share songs on facebook. I've already tried un-installing and re-installing both spotify and facebook apps without success. Is this a general problem? For other platforms too? If so what is being done to solve it?
5 Replies

Im In the same page, I think there is a bug in the latest update 1.8.0.2444. I try to navigate to "Sent to" my Spotify App to send some music to frieends and it simply crashes. Hope they get this resolved... 

Hi there,
Welcome at the Spotify Community!

We are aware of this issue, and lots of users are experiencing this problem. Facebook has changed something in the API which causes this problem. It will probably be fixed soon.

Please take a look at this topic, Meredith (Spotify Staff) will post an update there when things have changed.

I discovered this problem this past Friday (October 10). I am not able to share from my iPad 2 or even my actual computer. Even if I copy the HTTP link from Spotify and post it directly into Facebook, Facebook tells me "There was a problem updating your status. Please try again in a few minutes."

Days later, Facebook is still telling me this...

@ineffable2000 wrote:

I discovered this problem this past Friday (October 10). I am not able to share from my iPad 2 or even my actual computer. Even if I copy the HTTP link from Spotify and post it directly into Facebook, Facebook tells me "There was a problem updating your status. Please try again in a few minutes."

Days later, Facebook is still telling me this...

Unfortunately this is true and everyone's having this issue at the moment. As MichaelW said before: Spotify is about to fix it.

It's Oct 15 and I'm still having the problem.

Suggested posts