Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

spotify asks for sd card

spotify asks for sd card

I use a Google nexus 4 smartphone and when I try to use spotify, it gives me a message saying that it can't find an SD card to store its data on. My phone has no SD card yet spotify has worked fine on my phone for months. Now all of a sudden it does this? What do I do?
6 Replies

Forgot to mention that spotify does not work because of this. Everything is now blank.

Hi. Did this just start happening out of the blue or following an update? What version of spotify (android settings/apps/spotify)? How much storage space is shown in android settings?

I have my apps set to allow automatic updating so I imagine this must be because of an update. I have plenty of internal storage ( about 11gb) nothing else has been updated on my phone. Still using the latest version of jelly bean for android.

I saw this issue today too on my Galaxy Note 2. I was able to get it back by force stopping the app, clearing the app data, and then running it again and logging in. Not sure if this is the result of an update or not. I've had all kinds of problems with SD lately though too (the Note seems to decide that the card is unmounted or needs to be reformatted 2 or 3 times a week), so I personally chalked it up to that until I saw this post. 

I had this issue today, but a reboot fixed it. I think Spotify is saving to external cards now... which is AWESOME.

just had this problem and i uninstalled it and reinstalled it. works again. almost had a panic attack.

Suggested posts