Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

spotify connect not working on marantz

Solved!

spotify connect not working on marantz

Just got marantz sr7009 and using android phone app. Receiver does not show up as connect device.
114 Replies

I have the same problem (Marantz 5009). After I switch from my tablet Samsung to Marantz 5009 using spotify connect it works only 2 sec and after that disconnect the wifi nework. What could be the problem? A few days before it worked properly.

Me too since yestarday ,  na8005 plays only 2 seconds then loses  connection with spotify,  over and over, 

Any idea whats  the reason? 

Exactly what happens to me. 21/08 asked for service of Marantz. I hope we answer ...

Have you tried an airplay app? I know, it doesn't work as fine as connect, but it works.
Could be a temporarely solution till this darn bugs with denon & marantz are fixed

AirPlay works properly, but Spotify Connect is much better. As temporary solution it is fine. I hope they will fix it soon.

Same Problem with maratz sr7009.worked flawlessly for months, a few days ago it started to do weird things. Song is starting to play for 2 seconds then stops and connection is gone, basically freezes. I changed from DHCP to static adress ,changed to wifi from wired connection,reset Router etc.. No way to get it to work. 

Cheers 

Same problem with my Marantz NA 8005 Streamer.

I can hear the music for two seconds and then the streamer hangs or switched to Music Server!

The Streamer has a wired connection and a DHCP IP address. All other feature are doing well.

Regards

Thomas

Same issue here in the UK with my SR7009.. Come on this is not on.. I've only had my receiver for a couple of weeks and was about to purchase the same one again for my mothers house but I'm starting to think I'd be better just getting refunded and going with Pioneer SC-LX or Yamaha..

I've the same problem on my NA8005 when I try to play via my iPad. It plays for 2 seconds and then jumps to music server without giving any sound. Resetting everything doesn't solves the issue. I have no idea what the root cause is my network, Spotify or Marantz?

@jholzherr:
The fact is: spotify released some new privacy notes and an update of its software. There has been no firmware-update of denon-matantz group. Also we all know, it had been working fine till spotify used to update its policy and software. In my opinion its up to spotify zo fix it.
If it isn't fixed soon, maybee i'll abort my premium membership and try some other music-streaming-service eith better terms of privacy.
As long as any music(-streaming)-app works using airplay...

Also not working with NR1604. Just got it 2 weeks ago and before it was working fine. AirPlay works fine. Don't get why the update terms without checking compatability ...

I can not believe Spotify broke compatibility with marantz and denon. It is unfair for their users!!!! My system incl. marantz na8005 naim naitxs and sonus faber is dead now.

I give them a few weeks to fix it, if they don`t get it working i`ll quit spotify premium(new NSA Terms of use weren´t accepted yet).I wrote a mail to marantz support 2 days ago, no answer yet...

I have Marantz NA6005 and have the same problem. I emailed marantz this morning so just waiting for a reply.

Hey,

My NR1605 also stopped working with Spotify...

Please, pretty please undo what you did to break this most excellent combination Marantz <-> Spotify!!!

Just to elaborate:

I have Spotify premium and a Marantz NR1605. Spotify and the NR1605 used to work sooooo well together!

Since a few days I get sound for two seconds at best and then the NR1605 goes into "reconnecting..." mode.

Airplay (and everything else) works fine but using Spotify directly works much better then Airplay...

PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!

The same problem on Denon AVR-X2100W 😕

Same problem for me with Marantz SR5009. After trying to use Connect on the amp, I get 2 seconds of sound and then it resets the connection. No workarounds with IP/router reconfiguration worked, the problem is persistent.

Same problem here with Marantz 6009. It all just worked fine. But now the AV freezes..

After selecting spotify connect on the Marantz , The AV receiver freezes and the network function's on the machine  does't respond anymore

Please fix this soon !!!

I also have the same issues with my na8005, 2 seconds of play then it freezes. Could someone please explain in simple terms why this is happily? Who needs to update firmwear? Marantz/spotify? Have we any news on why this is happily. It's so annoying.

Suggested posts