Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

spotify doesn`t save to sd card

Solved!

spotify doesn`t save to sd card

Hello,

on my WIko Wax spotify is unable to save offline music to the sd card. Although the internal disk is full and there is plenty of space on the sd card spotify just says "disk is full". I also emtied the catch and deleted all data...doesn't help.

Thank you for your ideas!

297 Replies

Followed every posted procedure multiple times. Still no good.

Note- the phone's settings thinks the data is on the SD card, but if you use a file manager to go look, it's clearly on the internal storage. A folder was created on the SD card, but it's empty, and its internal equivalent is not.

@kaizenn wrote:
Followed every posted procedure multiple times. Still no good.

Note- the phone's settings thinks the data is on the SD card, but if you use a file manager to go look, it's clearly on the internal storage. A folder was created on the SD card, but it's empty, and its internal equivalent is not.

Please read the guide linked below for details on the most common issues and how to fix them. Usually a clean install is the first step to take and resolves most of the usual issues; the guide details the steps to take to ensure a full 'clean installation' is achieved - This includes checking redundant folders and a REBOOT!

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Was able to get it to work after many attempts, had to format SD card. No com.spotify for me though, as uninstall removed them. 

If anyone is still having trouble with this - I was using the storage option in setting on my phone, selecting Spotify and looking at the "Data" and "SD card data" information provided there.

It turns out that although my music files were showing up under data rather than SD card data, they were actually going onto the SD card.  You can check this by looking at the total storage capacity usage on the internal and SD storage, downloading some tracks to your phone and watching to see which one changes.

I know this has been mentioned before, but it's possible people may have missed it (I did) so thought I'd reiterate.

On the flipside it looks like some people are having the opposite problem as well, but definitely worth checking.

I read tha if i deleted the app n
downloaded it again it would save to where ad the most memory. Wen i
checked it was sayin it was saved to the device rather than the sd card. I
assumed it didn work.. After readin ur message n checkin. I think it is
actually savin to the sd card now. The memory av dropped 5g n iv only
downloaded spotify. So im assumin thats a good thing lol.. cheers

It is simply ridiculous to have all this trouble to move files that are already in one place to another, and also have to be lucky that the place we want the musics to be stored is the one with more space available.

I have no words to say how mad I am with this stupid behavior, looks like a kid that has only used one device designed this feature...

And now I have to download GIGs of musics again, just because of laziness to write this correctly?!?!?!

WTF!!!

Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad

So easy:

1 - ASK where we want to save the files, I don't want that the app decides where I am going to put my files. Now I need to move some files around and can't due to this huge space locked by spotify.

2 - Put a MOVE to/from SD card option to work, and not mask it (we don't like to be fooled). It is not rocket science to write it (I'm sure any kid that knows a bit of programming would be able to do it).

Man, I'm so pissed with this!!!!!!!!!

@Daniel wrote:

Usually a clean install is the first step to take and resolves most of the usual issues; 

I feel like we are travelling back in time and discussing about those problems we had with MS Windows (get out of the car, enter the car and it works again)...

Nothing personal, but this kind of solutions should be checked better and better parameters should be created and handled. Receive as first instruction to reinstall when an issue is found is very annoying to hear Smiley Frustrated

Have you sorted this problem now?? I had a really cheap sd card and had
nothing but trouble with spotify after i saved it to the sd.. ive saved it
back to my phone now and its workin perfect again. I deceided to spend more
and buy a samsung sd card and try again to see if it works better.. really
hope so. It haven't arrived yet or.. 16g is never enough memory lol.

I just bought a first-gen Moto E today, downloaded Spotify, got all signed in, and I saw the problem with the music filling up the phone instead of the SD card. I wiped out everything, redownloaded Spotify, and now it seems that it's using BOTH the phone and the SD card (I'm using an 8 GB SD card with absolutely nothing on it, and that had much more free space than the phone, so that's not the issue). Does anyone have a solution for this particular phone? This thread is somewhat confusing with multiple procedures for seemingly multiple phones.

I don't wanna sound all crazy and technical or anything like that but maybe... Just maybe... They should add an option to allow you to choose what storage you want to use!!!!!!! 😠

We have all been talking about this on here to at least as far back as 2012 (https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/New-Android-app-preview-save-to-external-SD-card/m-p/4... You will also note, that they used to have this option available.

This is getting us no where.  Spotify has no plans on changing this (least they don't state anything here to that effect).  We now need to take this to the public forums such as Facebook, so that propective customers can know how little they want ot give their current users in means of support, and requested changes.  Maybe then they will hear us.

Hey I have an android and I went too application manager and it didn't have move to sd card how can,i get my downloads onto my 21st card or my phone I downloaded my playlist but I can't find the songs anywhere on my phone can someone tell,me how?? Thanx

They download on spotify itself so u can listen offline. It wont save to
somewhere else on ur fone. If its a green icon next to it, it means its
downloaded

Yea it's green but when I put my phone to the computer and look for the file it won't pull up the music that I have on spotify

You can go on the spotify website and once you've signed in all your songs
will be on there.. you can't transfer them off spotify mind

@mlbcab2011 wrote:
Yea it's green but when I put my phone to the computer and look for the file it won't pull up the music that I have on spotify

I believe you might a little confused.  Spotify does not download to the phone so you can place it on other devices, or use other players to play it.  The songs are downloaded to your device so you can save your data when you are out and about away from home or wifi, and still listen to your music even if you have absolutely no cellular data, or other internet connection.  However, you can only use the Spotify app to listen to what you have downloaded, and only on the device you downloaded it to.

Thank you so much for your help..i followed the steps and somehow cleared half of my internal storage and my spotify offline playlist still works!!!

I have been so scared to do anything before until i read the messages. 

Thanks

@Rodrigo wrote:

Sorry, let's try a fully clean reinstallation.

- Go to System Settings

- Go to "Apps" 

- Find Spotify there

- On Spotify's page, first, tap "Force Close"

- Then tap "Clear cache" if it's not greyed out.

- Then tap "Unninstall" and remove the app.

- After uninnstalling, power off your device.

- If you can, remove the battery now. Power back on.

- Using a file manager on your phone or with your USB cable and your computer, go to Internal Storage > Android > Data and delete a folder called com.spotify.mobile.android.ui

- Reinstall Spotify from Google Play

If you do these steps correctly, you'll do a clean reinstallation of the app, with no piece of data to tell Spotify to save data to your internal storage.

Edit: corrected typos

None of these solutions worked. NONE of them. I even got a new phone, put my BLANK, EMPTY, NEWLY FORMATTED SD card into the phone, rebooted, installed Spotify, and the downloads STILL went to internal memory.

it says its savin to ur phone memory when actually it maybe savin to ur sd
card. The best way to find out is to go the ur storage and make a note of
the memory left on your phone and sd card. Then download a few albums and
see which memory drops. Thats what i done and it was actually saving to my
sd. Was so happy lol

stumbled across this page and forum when googling this issue, I had tried everything up to this point but filling up my internal memory temporarily and then opening a fresh installation of spotify seems to have done the trick , all music now copying to my sd card.

This is on xperia z3

thanks a lot for this

Suggested posts