Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

spotify keeps downloading using data

Solved!

spotify keeps downloading using data

i turned off the setting on both of my sim cards, but it keeps on downloading using my data. also tried to turn the setting on and off but it didn't solve the problem 

Plan

Premium

Country

Hungary 

Device

Xiaomi Redmi Note 8

Operating System

My Question or Issue

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @colakitten,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

To avoid using data when downloading content, head to the app's Settings > Download using cellular > toggle off. If the app is still downloading using your mobile data, make sure to disable the data usage for Spotify on your phone's settings.

If this doesn't do the trick, it's worth running a clean reinstall of the app by following these steps. This can be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble.

Just to clarify, to listen to music without using data, you must download it and then enable the Offline Mode. When you listen to music that you have already downloaded but the app isn't in Offline Mode, it'll continue to connect to the servers and will still use some data.

Keep us posted on how it goes. We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @colakitten,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

To avoid using data when downloading content, head to the app's Settings > Download using cellular > toggle off. If the app is still downloading using your mobile data, make sure to disable the data usage for Spotify on your phone's settings.

If this doesn't do the trick, it's worth running a clean reinstall of the app by following these steps. This can be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble.

Just to clarify, to listen to music without using data, you must download it and then enable the Offline Mode. When you listen to music that you have already downloaded but the app isn't in Offline Mode, it'll continue to connect to the servers and will still use some data.

Keep us posted on how it goes. We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

In the latest version to date, you need to go to settings> Audio quality > then scroll down and toggle “download using cellular” toggle off 

Thanks for this. Does this also stop it streaming using data?

Hey @warren4184

Thank you for posting in the Community. 

You will always be able to stream music using either mobile data or WiFi, depending on your coverage and settings it might take a bit longer to load, if for example you`ve set the mobile streaming quality to very high but your connection is bad. In any case the app will always be able to stream via data and WiFi, but the performance will vary. 

Hope that helped out.

Cheers.

MartinModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts