Plan

Free

Country Norway

Device

Huawei p10

Operating System android

(

My Question or Issue

the music stops when the screen is turned off and everything that i can allow is allowed for the app to be running. until now i was able to force the app to run via bluetooth headset, but if the screen came on and off then the music stops and when i resume playback the song starts from the beginning, it has been like this for months now.

but now that is not possible anymore. if i manage to get it to play; it wont load the next song on the list. and i have tried to reinnstall the app, removing my sd card but nothing helps. and yes, the classic reboot that doesent help with anything anymore was the first thing i tried.

on pc the app is flawless 🙂

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAASE HELP, i need music to survive the busride to work ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

6 Replies

Hi there @arild1989,

Thanks for reaching out. My "everything I can allow", what do you mean exactly, what settings have you checked? Typically such behaviour is caused by power optimization settings. Try performing a Clean Reinstall and then check all battery and power optimization settings you have on your device and make sure that everywhere, Spotify is excluded from all possible optimization. If you use any third party battery optimizer apps, try deactivating those and again adding Spotify as an exception.

Hope this helps.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

on the battery settings its  allows to autostart - open when powering on the phone or in backgound (åpne ved oppstart eller i bakgrunnen in Norwegian), secundary start - may be started by other apps - and run in bacground.

if i have it all on or off it does nothing, the app still misbehaves.

on the app the settings are:

datasaver: off

videocast is off- i dont use it

crossfade: off

without interference - allows playback without interference (on)

automix (on)

(Norwegian) tillat eksplisitt innhold (on)

show nonplayebul songs (on)

normalize volume (on)

mono sound (off)

units broadcastinstatus (off)

automatic playback - when the playlist ends we play someting simmilar (on)

canvas - show looping pics of the tracsonly show local units (on)

spotify connect in background (on)

private session (off)

listening activety - lets my followers to see what i listen to on spotify (on)

wi-fi stream; (auto)

celliular data streaming (auto)

autoadjust quality (on)

download: normal

celliular: off

videoquality

wifi stream: high

celliular streaming: medium

i dont know whats wrong, can it be the phone?

tried the tip but it did not help

also tried to look for update in the phone settings menu but that gave no info about if i have the newest or not...

Hey @arild1989,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Does this happen only when using the Bluetooth headset? If yes, would it be possible to try with a different one?

Let us know how it goes.

MihailYModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey,sorry for the slow answer I took the step of buying  a new phone and that almost eliminated the problem. Now the issue is that when i have used Spotify and start IT again after using other apps or the phone just has been dorment a while IT plays the track thats on but when the Next is up the mediabar dissapear,and the play/pause button says that the list is playing but there is no sound. But when i start a new playlist it plays until i stop IT or use another app WHO plays sound 

Hey @arild1989

Thanks for your reply. 

We're aware that this was happening, but it should be fixed now. In this case, would you mind performing a clean reinstall of the app by following these steps?

If this doesn't do the trick, could you let us know the exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version of your device?

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts