Premium

Country

UK

Device

One Plus 1, Samsung S8

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

Today i had to reset my phones and reload my apps. All ok, restored all apps. Signed into Spotify and stated to douwnload my playlists into offline mode. All downloaded ok. If i connect to my Car stereo through its own Spotify app i get this error and no sound. can see playlists, song displays as playing as in i can see the infomation but no sound and this eror  "spotify radio station error android" This has been working fine on these divices for a year. Been fine in the car till this afternoon. If i bypass the app it and use bluetooth direct plays fine but doesnt display any song and i have to use the phone to skip and play songs. Which while driving is bad...  

3 Replies

Hey @Jgoldsmithuk.

Thanks for getting in touch with us 🙂

Before we can troubleshoot further, would you mind providing us with the make of the car stereo that you are using?

Speak soon,

P

Hi

Many thanks for replying. I am using the Pioneer AVH-Z2000BT. It has spotify built in that auto links with the mobile via bluetooth. 

Was working fine but then just stopped. It sees the playlists, and the song lists but no sound. As soon as you stop spotify and just go through bluetooth music plays 😞

Hey @Jgoldsmithuk,

Just to be completely sure, you can't play the songs directly from your stereo's Spotify app/it's not supposed to work like that? Is it only playable through Bluetooth? If so, we recommend that you make sure Offline Mode is turned off, and try again. 

If you can use Spotify Connect (choosing your stereo from the Connect list on your phone), and let us know the results, that'd be great too.

Thanks!

Suggested posts