Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

spotify + soundhound

spotify + soundhound

http://www.spotify.com/de/blog/archives/2011/08/25/discover-with-soundhound-play-on-spotify/

was this function removed in the new version of the app? 

21 Replies

There are features that might have gone missing since the app was rewritten and updated. I haven't used Soundhound myself so I don't know if it works or has worked before.

I just bought Soundhound - I use Shazam usually. I see that neither of the apps can detect the music unless its plaid out loud. If your using headset or such that the music only plais in your ears - Shazam and Soundhound are useless. Using the device speaker - both work.

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

well the thing is that quite often i hear a good song in the radio and want to add it to my spotify playlist.

I just started soundhound found out what song is playing - and than pressed the button play on spotify, but it seems the feature has been removed...... 

This works for me. I v got the latest Spotify for Android app + newest Soundhound. I just put PSY's Gangnam Style playing on my PC, opened SOundhound on my Galaxy Note, pushed it to listen to the song _> it detected it correctly. I pushed Play on Spotify and it opened the Spotify App and shows the search criteria. Pushed search and OK it shows me diff tracks.

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

mhm i have the newest spotify + newest soundhound app as well, but it doenst work ... intressting.. 

cuz it worked with the version before =(

I dont even have the button in soundhound to listen music at spotify

Hmmm, I'd try to uninstall Soundhound and Uninstall Spotify & Reinstall the apps.

that was one of the first things i tryed =/

That is then really odd. I'd still think this is something odd issue with something interfering the hook that Soundhound uses for the Play on Spotify.

If you can, I'd try an older version of the app (spotify client) and then go from there. If you have tried that too - then comes the ultimatum, factory reset the device and try again - if things go bad, My trick is to format the usb storage and format the sd card, make everything clear. then after this install Spotify as the first app and then Soundhound as the second. Always make sure you have a backup of stuff that you value and are important.

My Backup Pro is the app I use. I backup stuff to the SD card and then move them to the PC or swap the SD card.

Hi there. I'm running the latest version of both Spotify and Soundhound on my One X and the Play In Spotify option in Soundhound works fine for me in the one quick test I just made
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

I tried to get my Soundhound to act like this, but I can't. Everytime I install / uninstall / reset / do things - things just work. I can't replicate the situation.

Running:
Samsung Galaxy Note 4.0.4
HTC Sensation 4.0.3

newest Spotify client for Android
newest Soundhound (bought) version for Android.

...maybe it has something to do with cyanogenmod? ...

the strange thing is, why do i have the "youtube" option but not the spotify option ....

All custom mods are things that I don't know how critical anyone would hold to fix issues. Stock Roms are the supported ones I suppose.

i will try later if it workes on my old android with stock rom, if not than it gets really strange 😉

Report back anyways so we know if thats the case. Act accordingly - read the signature 🙂

Same here HTC OneV - Both app latest version(Spotify Premium account).

I also tried Shazam but the problem is the same.

Soundhound and Shazam - no longer link to play in Spotify.

Plese fix this bug.

Ok i tried it today with my other Android Phone (Stock Rom) and its also not working there.

Also a friend of me have the same problem.

Strange ... I tried again last night and soundhound still gives me a 'play in spotify' o ption. Clicking g that opens the spotify app with a search active for the song soundhound identified and if that's found it starts playing
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

I just installed Shazzam on my Smartphone and there i have the "Play in Spotify" option.

But thats not really an option since i have the paid version of Soundhound.

From soundhound:

We took out the feature to fix some issues with it and Spotify will be back soon. 🙂

wonder what the mean with 'soon'!

Suggested posts