Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Moto G5

Operating System

Android 8.1.0

My Question or Issue:

I have very weird sudden stops of playback on Spotify Android. These happen only when I play on WiFi. At some point spotify starts playing the first 6-10 seconds of a song and them simply stops playing with no error message. Restart of the app does not solve the problem. 

The only thing to have some effect that I found was for me to manually delete all app data and cache. When I do that and restart the app then I can play about 5 - 15 songs (never actually counted) before the issue as above re-appears again. Clean re-install of the latest app version has not had any effect.

I do not have any issue playing downloaded songs and playing on mobile network also works just fine. Actually even when a song is stoppend and I then switch WiFi on my phone off, song playback starts instantly.

I have already excluded the spotify app from the power saving option, that did not solve it unfortunately.

Any ideas what else I could try?

20 Replies

I need help, this issue has been occurring regularly for a months now even though I'm a premium user. The only thing that occasionally fixes this (just for a limited time) is waiting a day or so. I've tried literally everything and I mean it EVERYTHING. Here's a list of all the stuff I tried (btw I noticed that other people also had this issue online and couldn't find a solution, so Spotify just regularly deleted their complaints from their website...):

Normally: 30 seconds, 30 seconds

Turning off Wi-fi: fixed it

Wi-fi on 30 seconds

All permissions granted: 30 seconds,

Adaptive battery function turned off: 30 seconds

Clearing cache: 30 seconds

Clearing storage: 30 seconds

Logging off on all devices: 30 seconds

Waiting for 5 minutes: 30 seconds

turning off Bluetooth: 30 seconds

Cleaning junk files: 30 seconds

Clearing bin: 30 seconds:

Unrestricting battery usage after reinstalling: 30 seconds

Delete and reinstall: 30 seconds

Restarting phone: 30 seconds

Enabling offline mode in the app fixes it

Disabling offline mode in the app: 30 seconds

Obviously the offline mode and turning off Wi-fi are no permanent solution, cuz I still wanna listen to my music online.

Suggested posts