Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

storage space

Solved!

storage space

All of my offline playlists and albums are on my external sd card. The app was giving me some problems so I uninstalled it and deleted all the saved files. When I reinstalled it and started to download all my music again my phone said it was running out of space and couldn't download anything else half way through (even though I had more music before uninstalling it). I double checked and the music IS being saved in the external sd card, I have no idea what's going on and I'd like to have this fixed ASAP.

I'm on version Spotify 2.8.0.1081, Android 4.2.2, the model of my phone is GT-S7582

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Ah, that may be the issue so now it's saving to the internal memory.

Can you run chkdsk on your SD card using a PC? It could be there is a corrupt sector.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Did you follow my below guide when doing the uninstall? It may be that your original cache is still on your SD card. I give details on how to check and delete this. I recommend you try another clean install using the guide below (don't forget the reboot).

Android Troubleshooting:

I did but just in case I'm doing it again. I got a "No SD card found" error message before it all went to hell even though my other apps detected the sd card just fine.

Marked as solution

Ah, that may be the issue so now it's saving to the internal memory.

Can you run chkdsk on your SD card using a PC? It could be there is a corrupt sector.

Android Troubleshooting:

I inserted the sd to the computer and W7 instantly prompted a message saying I had to format the sd card, so I figured that was the problem. I formatted it, inserted it on the phone and the phone prompted a message to format the sd card again (so that Android could use it, I guess) so I did that. rebooted the phone, uninstalled the app, made sure all files were deleted, rebooted it again, installed the app and I just started downloading my offline music again. so far so good. it's a lot of music so I'll leave it downloading while I sleep and I'll confirm if it worked in a couple hours. I wish all of this was in a FAQ, it would have been a lot faster that way :T though probably this is in a FAQ already and I just couldn't find it LOL.

I suspected it might be an SD card issue. I think it should all be working correctly now.

FYI scenario's are unique and especially when it comes to third party hardware such as your SD card becoming corrupt it's not for Spotify to tell you how to resolve this. That should be for the HW manufacturer to fix through their FAQ.

Android Troubleshooting:

Suggested posts