Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

streaming to airplay device on android?

Solved!

streaming to airplay device on android?

Hi all, 

I'm currently using Google play music as my streaming app but unfortunately google does not allow music data to be sent to 3rd party apps meaning I cannot stream it to my airplay device connected to my stereo without my device being rooted. 

Would this be something that I am able to do with Spotify premium? 

Regards

Suds

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there and welcome to the Spotify Community.

Streaming to AirPlay is availabe at Apple devices only. So if you have an Android device, that won't work.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask
Kind regards,
Felix

-- Please mark as solution and/or add kudos if it helped you --

View solution in original post

8 Replies

That depends on your device. Spotify uses something called 'Connect' which works similarly to AirPlay and Cast etc... However you must use a connect enabled device as the receiver.

Devices such as other Android phones, ios, PC's, Gramafon and some speakers/receivers are set to work woth Spotify Connect. You can find out what and check to see if your device can from www.spotify.com/connect

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History
Marked as solution

Hi there and welcome to the Spotify Community.

Streaming to AirPlay is availabe at Apple devices only. So if you have an Android device, that won't work.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask
Kind regards,
Felix

-- Please mark as solution and/or add kudos if it helped you --

Thanks for the help guys..

I was planning to use my old sony stereo with an airplay air cast device thingy attached to it, it works with my phone rooted but I've now u rooted it so that's not an option.

My plan now is to use a Rocki receiver which I believe does work with spotify and has android support available if not now, in the very near future. 

Does that sound like it will work?

Thanks 

Steve

@sudburys wrote:

My plan now is to use a Rocki receiver which I believe does work with spotify and has android support available if not now, in the very near future. 

Does that sound like it will work?

Thanks 

Steve

Hi!

It should work with Spotify Connect; look the post here:

http://www.myrocki.com/blog/spotify-connect/

Camillo

I figured out how to do this. You need to have at least 1 apple device (such as a phone, ipad, or computer) that can airplay and that also has spotify installed. On that device, you need to install spotify and run the application. When the application is running, you will now be able to see it as a "connected" device option within spotify on your android device. Now, on your android device, you can choose to play music through your connected device.

Seems strange that Spotify can't have airplay built-in... DS audio (by Synology) has it so it's possible?? Just moved over to Android and can't stream Spotify to my Bose airplay speaker - bummer!

THIS WORKS! not the best solution, as the running ios device is needed, but it works. I have ipad mini2, Sony Xperia tablet z, and apple TV.  I tried allcast. Can't seem to work that.  thanks mate! Cheers from minneapolis.

That's exacally my set up for a family member: adroid samsung mobile devise --> spotify --> airplay explress --> stero. Does that work now? 

Suggested posts