Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Just up-dated and now can't add to queue

I've just up-dated Spotify and now can't add to a queue. Any suggrations appreciated!

• Casual Listener
  • I've just up-dated Spotify and now can't add to a queue. Any suggrations appreciated!
  • MartinStoichkov
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Specific songs at specific time crashes Spotify on both my phones

I have had this problem a long time on my S5 Mini, but I just assumed it had to do with the phone. But now I have the exact same problem on my new S7.Every time I play specific songs and it gets to a specific time in the song Spotify crashes. I have ...

• I have had this problem a long time on my S5 Mini, but I just assumed it had to do with the phone. But now I have the exact same problem on my new S7. Every time I play specific songs and it gets ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Options Menu Not doing anything

Hi! I'm trying to add a song to "Up Next". The options button (or three dots) works, but once I'm in that menu whenever I press anything, whether it's to share or add something to "Up Next", nothing happens. I've tried restarting my app, restarting m...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi! I'm trying to add a song to "Up Next". The options button (or three dots) works, but once I'm in that menu whenever I press anything, whether it's to share or add something to "Up Next", nothing ...
  • desertway
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't add songs to a playlist

I can't add any songs to playlist. When I click the 3 dots to the right of the song, the menu comes up. But when I click add to playlist, nothing happens. Also, the other options don't work either (e.g., go to artist, go to album).

• I can't add any songs to playlist. When I click the 3 dots to the right of the song, the menu comes up. But when I click add to playlist, nothing happens. Also, the other options don't work either (e...
  • MartinStoichkov
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Settings Menu in Android App

Hi,I've just upgraded to Premium Spotify and have downloaded some play lists however, I can't find the settings Menu anywhere to switch to listen offline or find the songs I've downloaded. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks

• Hi, I've just upgraded to Premium Spotify and have downloaded some play lists however, I can't find the settings Menu anywhere to switch to listen offline or find the songs I've downloaded. Any help...
  • sgmills
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes

No notifications

Since I moved from iPhone to Nexus 6P i am not getting any notifications by push. Is there an issue. I have gone through both in app and online settings, turned them off and back on, reinstalled Spotify but it'd still not working

• Casual Listener
  • Since I moved from iPhone to Nexus 6P i am not getting any notifications by push. Is there an issue. I have gone through both in app and online settings, turned them off and back on, reinstalled Spot...
  • MarkPedersen
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Starred songs playlist

Where can I find it?

• Casual Listener
  • Where can I find it?
  • MarkPedersen
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify is deleting my offline tracks.

I've gone through all of the previous, similar posts already, and have tried the recommended steps including doing a clean install, and even trying a new storage location. Nothing seems to be fixing the issue. I'll select my library to download, it'l...

• Regular
  • I've gone through all of the previous, similar posts already, and have tried the recommended steps including doing a clean install, and even trying a new storage location. Nothing seems to be fixing ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Singles Don't Appear

When I open a page of any artist on my Android phone, only the Albums tab appears and if there are any compilation albums they appear too, but the singles are nowhere to be found. I have to either look for them in artist playlists or browse for each ...

• Casual Listener
  • When I open a page of any artist on my Android phone, only the Albums tab appears and if there are any compilation albums they appear too, but the singles are nowhere to be found. I have to either lo...
  • johnnynatt
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Since android nougat update issues with songs just stopping

Hi, Anyone else noticed any issues since updating to Android Nougat on a Nexus 6P?My problem is since updating to Android Nougat when I'm playing songs from my playlist they intermitently just stop playing - the app is still on my running programs wh...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   Anyone else noticed any issues since updating to Android Nougat on a Nexus 6P? My problem is since updating to Android Nougat when I'm playing songs from my playlist they intermitently ...
  • Trevor1975
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Delete imported files from library

Hi, I started using the Spotify App just a few hours ago.I also bought premium and imported my local mp3 into the spotify app.Some moments later I deleted the local files by using the file browser.Here is the problem: Spotify still lists the songs in...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I started using the Spotify App just a few hours ago. I also bought premium and imported my local mp3 into the spotify app. Some moments later I deleted the local files by using the fi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio playlist

I want to delete those that say 'playlist de radio' and i cant. I can delete all the things ive heard except those playlists. pleasee delete them

• I want to delete those that say 'playlist de radio' and i cant. I can delete all the things ive heard except those playlists. pleasee delete them
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Download canzoni

Salve! È possibile scarica la musica da Spotify Premium direttamente sulla scheda sd invece che sul dispositivo in modo da ridurre il consumo di memoria interna? Grazie

• Salve! È possibile scarica la musica da Spotify Premium direttamente sulla scheda sd invece che sul dispositivo in modo da ridurre il consumo di memoria interna? Grazie
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Np storage menu

there's no storage option in my PREMIUM SPOTIFY. It music keep consume my phone memory? I used to store it on my SD card but this did not work anymore. Any Help will be great.

• Casual Listener
  • there's no storage option in my PREMIUM SPOTIFY. It music keep consume my phone memory? I used to store it on my SD card but this did not work anymore. Any Help will be great.
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Listening to Spotify without Wifi

Hey! I have the Spotify app (free version) on my Samsung Galaxy s7 phone. It was playing great in my car up until 3 days ago. Now the app tells me I don't have internet connection. Or, it will start playing when I'm still connected to wifi, but then ...

• Hey! I have the Spotify app (free version) on my Samsung Galaxy s7 phone. It was playing great in my car up until 3 days ago. Now the app tells me I don't have internet connection. Or, it will start ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't remove songs from playlist

i try to remove songs from my playlist. That's works for a moment, but some time later, all the songs back again... **bleep**? That's happened on Windows client and Android Client. Att,

• i try to remove songs from my playlist. That's works for a moment, but some time later, all the songs back again... **bleep**? That's happened on Windows client and Android Client.   Att,
  • cadmielp
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify doesn't show my download music

Hello , everytime I turn off my phone all my download music disappears from the App leaving it only to be heard via stream .The music isn't deleted since I can still see it in the SD storage.The issue is not from the SD since this problem started hap...

• Hello , everytime I turn off my phone all my download music disappears from the App leaving it only to be heard via stream .The music isn't deleted since I can still see it in the SD storage. The is...
  • cadmielp
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Set Spotify as default music player

This seems to have been a problem for a long time on android and is exclusive to Spotify.https://community.spotify.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/spotifyandroid/thread-id/3301/page/3Please fix!

• Regular
  • This seems to have been a problem for a long time on android and is exclusive to Spotify. https://community.spotify.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/spotifyandroid/thread-id/3301/page/3 P...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Playing On Another Device

I have spotify installed on two android phones. I'm listening on one and then randomly the other one starts playing which stops it playing on the phone I am originally listening to it on. What's going on?

• Music Fan
  • I have spotify installed on two android phones. I'm listening on one and then randomly the other one starts playing which stops it playing on the phone I am originally listening to it on. What's goin...
  • Vanterax
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Notification bar controls cropped

My notification bar menu (or whatever this thing is called) only shows 1 or 2 letters of the song and album i am listening to. Screenshot in the attachments. Is there a way to fix that? I am using a ZUK Z2 Android 7.0.

• My notification bar menu (or whatever this thing is called) only shows 1 or 2 letters of the song and album i am listening to. Screenshot in the attachments. Is there a way to fix that? I am using a ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes