Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New Android Feature: Swipe to queue songs

Android users voiced their feedback and Spotify has listened. This feature was previously only available in the iOS app. You can now swipe to queue songs in the Android app! This new feature is currently rolling out to Premium users so you should see...

AndroidSwipeToQueue.gif
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Somerandomrr
  • Visitor
  • 20 replies
  • 42 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 42 likes

New Your Library view

Spotify has introduced a new version of Your Library to mobile users of the iOS and Android apps. Come on over to the main Community thread to get an overview of what's new and share your feedback: New Your Library view (iOS & Android)

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Vast majority of downloaded songs have "undownloaded"

Hi everyone,I had most of my library downloaded to my Android device (Nexus 6p,recently updated to Nougat). Spotify took nearly all of around 40GB of my available space.This morning, vast majority of that has disappeared and nearly all of the songs a...

• Hi everyone, I had most of my library downloaded to my Android device (Nexus 6p,recently updated to Nougat). Spotify took nearly all of around 40GB of my available space. This morning, vast maj...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Repeating Songs

I've noticed my songs repeat everytime I open up spotify to listen to music. It'll play the same songs, over and over. Well, between opening and closing spotify. This isn't an issue, it's a complaint. These songs get annoying. I never hear any of my ...

• Casual Listener
  • I've noticed my songs repeat everytime I open up spotify to listen to music. It'll play the same songs, over and over. Well, between opening and closing spotify. This isn't an issue, it's a complaint...
  • svsu
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Everything is Premium

Hi!I don't know if this just my phone, but everytime I try to play ANYTHING on my phone, it doesn't work. I have alread tried deleting and reinstalling the app, but that failed. Every single song I try to play is suddenly a "premium feature". weird t...

• Hi! I don't know if this just my phone, but everytime I try to play ANYTHING on my phone, it doesn't work. I have alread tried deleting and reinstalling the app, but that failed. Every single song I...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Album art not showing?

Spotify has recently been only showing some of my music's album art, and the album art for other songs/albums as just plain white. There doesnt seem to be a pattern or reason why. In an effort to fix this problem, I cleared the data and cache and res...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify has recently been only showing some of my music's album art, and the album art for other songs/albums as just plain white. There doesnt seem to be a pattern or reason why. In an effort to fix...
  • sidneyzarnich
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Configuration is not possible, only because I use another device

I don't understand, why I can't change configurations like Corssfading, gapless, Normalize Volume, Devide broadcast Status, Private Session, Streaming Qualitiy, Download Quality, Download using cellular, Equilizer. Only because I use another device. ...

• Roadie
  • I don't understand, why I can't change configurations like Corssfading, gapless, Normalize Volume, Devide broadcast Status, Private Session, Streaming Qualitiy, Download Quality, Download using cellu...
  • Kalmora
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Stop phone and pc to sync

Hello! When I listen to Spotify on my computer the song shows on my phone. How do I stop this?

• Hello! When I listen to Spotify on my computer the song shows on my phone. How do I stop this? 🙂
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Does Daily Mix use downloaded songs?

Do the Daily Mix playlists use offline songs when they're available, or do they stream all songs by default, regardless of offline availability?

• Music Fan
  • Do the Daily Mix playlists use offline songs when they're available, or do they stream all songs by default, regardless of offline availability?
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Daily Mix
    Offline download
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Recover a song feom daily mix?

Was curious what the circle with line going through it did so I pressed it and it removed the song from Daily mix. It didn't have an option to recover it. Anyone know of a way?

• Casual Listener
  • Was curious what the circle with line going through it did so I pressed it and it removed the song from Daily mix. It didn't have an option to recover it. Anyone know of a way?
  • Dj_heat_19
  • 35 replies
  • 12 likes
  • 35 replies
  • 12 likes

Daily Mix mistakenly marked songs

Hi. In my Daily Mix mistakenly I pointed to a song by an artist like if I did not like but I really love the songs by that artist. How do I get songs by that artist reappearing in my Daily Mixes? Thanks.

• Hi. In my Daily Mix mistakenly I pointed to a song by an artist like if I did not like but I really love the songs by that artist. How do I get songs by that artist reappearing in my Daily Mixes? Tha...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Bug in Facebook connection

I try to connect my Spotify account to Facebook and it say I was connected and to enter my user and password; but when I tried it say I wasn't connected to Facebook.

• Casual Listener
  • I try to connect my Spotify account to Facebook and it say I was connected and to enter my user and password; but when I tried it say I wasn't connected to Facebook.
  • Chiarav25
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Mobile Phone and Desktop App - How to disconnect?

Hi there, I have been searching the board for this but did not find anything related. My apologies if I overlooked it ... Is there a way to stop my phone app (on Samsung S7) to be synchronized with my desktop app (both Windows and Mac)? An example: I...

• Hi there,   I have been searching the board for this but did not find anything related. My apologies if I overlooked it ...   Is there a way to stop my phone app (on Samsung S7) to be s...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Wrong playlist order, very!! annoying!

Hi Spotify,when playing a playlist (android 6, oneplus3) from the e.g. middle, it starts from the beginning after the next track.Example: i start a playlist at track 6. Instead of playing track 7 after track 6 it starts playing the list from track 1 ...

• Hi Spotify, when playing a playlist (android 6, oneplus3) from the e.g. middle, it starts from the beginning after the next track. Example: i start a playlist at track 6. Instead of playing tra...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify closes when offline

I have premium and it had no issues, until last update. Im not sure if it is a bug or not but when I try to open spotify it opens freezes and closes. No issue when im on mobile data or wifi. And my phone is Galaxy S4

• Casual Listener
  • I have premium and it had no issues, until last update. Im not sure if it is a bug or not but when I try to open spotify it opens freezes and closes. No issue when im on mobile data or wifi. And my p...
  • Reax
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Suggest songs - bug?

Hello, I have problem while using Spotify Free (i've used Premium) i wanted to listen one of movie's soundtrack (Daredevil, X-men:the last stand) album and afrer 2 songs Spotify played Katy Perry after that Niki Minaj etc. after few more it played on...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,    I have problem while using Spotify Free (i've used Premium) i wanted to listen one of movie's soundtrack (Daredevil, X-men:the last stand) album and afrer 2 songs Spotify played...
  • sha2gy
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Deleted downloads and space problems

Hello,I'm using a Spotify premium account on my oneplus one device and I've got a couple of issues with it.First of all, it deletes songs that should stay at least 30 days in just a couple of days, so I always have to download them again at least onc...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I'm using a Spotify premium account on my oneplus one device and I've got a couple of issues with it. First of all, it deletes songs that should stay at least 30 days in just a couple of d...
  • je_m
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! HUAWEI P8 lite + Android 6.0 + Spotify 6.2.0.1028 armV7 + Bluetooth car system = audio drop outs

Hello, After my HUAWEI got updated to Android 6, the audio drops out each few seconds when connected to the car bluetooth system. It happens either with streaming or downloaded music. I reinstalled the application and ofc restarting the phone doesn't...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   After my HUAWEI got updated to Android 6, the audio drops out each few seconds when connected to the car bluetooth system. It happens either with streaming or downloaded music. &nbsp...
  • danigutierrez
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Music stops playing when skipping songs

Alright so for whatever reason, Spotify has started this weird issue where if I go from my tablets lock screen to skip a song, it stops playing. However, when I unlock my device the music immediately starts playing again. I have tried turning off/on ...

• Alright so for whatever reason, Spotify has started this weird issue where if I go from my tablets lock screen to skip a song, it stops playing. However, when I unlock my device the music immediately...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Daily mix stops after playing first batch of songs - No new songs added

First of all, big thanks for the Daily Mix. I think it can become an awesome feature of Spotify. I'm playing the Daily Mix from my android phone to my PC but the playlist stops as soon as it has played the last song. On the bottom of the playlist it ...

• Roadie
  • First of all, big thanks for the Daily Mix. I think it can become an awesome feature of Spotify.   I'm playing the Daily Mix from my android phone to my PC but the playlist stops as soon ...
  • agdam001
  • Casual Listener
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Daily Mix
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

[Bug] Last.fm scrobbling cannot be disabled

I use a 3rd party app to scrobble to my last.fm account. This way all my music is scrobbled and not just the music I listen through Spotify. However, after I disabled the last.fm scrobbling in the Spotify settings I get a notification every time I pl...

• Gig Goer
  • I use a 3rd party app to scrobble to my last.fm account. This way all my music is scrobbled and not just the music I listen through Spotify.    However, after I disabled the last.fm&...
  • atheistponcho
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android
    bug
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes