Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

unable to login in spotify on android

Solved!

unable to login in spotify on android

Hey guys,

I just installed Spotify mobile on my Samsung Galaxy S2 but I am not able to login! I always get the error: "invalid username/password.

I tried to connect with my mail adress and my username (the 10 digits) but it doesn't work out. Password is 100% correct.

I am in China at the moment is maybe that the problem?

Thanks for your replies 🙂

Cheers!

Alex

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@peterplex wrote:

Screenshot4.png

Hey,

Sorry for the delay, I only just saw this - I actually had this very thing happen to myself. Just tap "I'm new to Spotify. Let's go!" - This should log you right in. It didn't seem to create a new account for me. I think since the update to the Android application, something with certain accounts (seemingly ones created through Facebook) would require you to accept something on this screen to continue logging in. I thought it was just me, but if this happening to some other users, we'll start tracking this. 

If you push that button and all your playlists are missing, then let us know - We'll investigate further. 

Airhorn Enthusiast

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hi shane_harris - What troubleshooting steps have you already taken?

First be sure to do a clean reinstallation. If you're still having trouble, please do a password reset using your 'shane_harris' username (not your email). 

Marked as solution

I'm able to login on the website but I can't login in my Android apps.

118 Replies

Hello langer321, welcome to the Community!

It doesnt really matter that you are in China since you are a premium user, so you can use your Spotify account wherever you are.

You have to log in with your Facebook credentials, exactly the same ones you use when you log in Facebook. 

Try that, it should work! If you keep having problems get back to us.

Thanks 🙂

-----------------------------

Rocio

Community Manager

Use the "Accept as solution" button if your problem has been solved 🙂

♬Music is life♬

Hi Rocio,

yes that's what I've been trying all time. The facebook credentials are 100% correct, but it still doesn't work. I really don't know why, can you please help me?

Maybe because I have never been logged in on the mobile version in my home country?

ty for help

Hello again!

Im going to send you a private email since this is a public forum and I need some private info from you in order to solve this.

Thanks 🙂

Rocio

Community Manager

♬Music is life♬

Hey, I'm having the same problem with my S3! I do not wish to use spotify with facebook so I'm trying to log on directly with my spotify username and password, doesn't work. And I've checked my name/password over and over again on my computer and they're correct..

Hello Nitro, welcome to the Community!

I am also going to send you a private email in order to sort this out for you.

Thanks a lot and sorry for the inconveniences. 

🙂

Rocio

Community Manager

♬Music is life♬

Hello there, I am also having a kind of similar problem on my both android devices, Galaxy S3 and galaxy tab. As I have my fbk account on spotify. Recently I changed mine fbk password. Since then am not being able to use spotify on both of the android devices. The fbk login page on spotify keeps loading and loading but nothing happens at all. Am being helpless... Help me!

Hello!

I tried to look for you in the system and I also tried to send you a private email, but the email adress you provided when you registered on this community does not work. 

Since you have your Facebook account linked to Spotify, you have to log in to Spotify with your Facebook credentials, exactly the same ones. So try with the email you use to acess to Facebook and the new password you are also using, this must work. 

I hope this helps, 

Sorry for the inconveniences. 

Rocio

Community Manager

♬Music is life♬

I am also having the same problem as Katman. The facebook log in loads and loads then crashes.

I had the 30 day trial and it worked fine, i have now paid for premium spotify and its not working on my mobile (which was the whole point in getting premium)

hi ive just signed up for premium n ive neva used sportify b4 but i carnt login on my android either keeps telling me my login and password is wrong, if entered it a few times so i know its not, please help... thank you

Do you have a facebook type of login id or the spotify type?
Can you log in from www.spotify.com using those credentials?
Can you see the subscription active on the website?

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

I log in via facebook. I can log in on the website (www.spotify.com)
And yes, the.subscription is active on the website.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance 🙂

i can log in on lap top via sportif.com i have both log ins face book and sportif and checked i do have premium still i carnt my phone to connect to my acc 😞

Do you both have the newest version of the Spotify client installed?

I would try and uninstall the application. Check with a file browser like ES File Explorer or such that there are no references to Spotify on the SD card / Device Memory / USB Storage (depending the device). Remove all references if found. Try reinstalling the application. You could even try first installing an older version to see if it works.

btw. What Android version are you using? 4.0.4? 4.1 JB? 2.3.x?

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

I've got the same problem on a samsung galaxy s11 and i'm not happy. why pay for premium when i can't login on mobiile and when i could i couldn't search. might be time to Rdio off.

Yep same here, paid for premium and its .ot working!

I have tried reinstalling and installing an
older version, but neither worked.

I am running icecream sandwich, which ever version that is, im not to sure.

So after a bit of playing around, i got mine.working by re-setting my facebook password.
Have a try, good luck!

Since this morning I have the same issue.

Spotify asks me for a log in. I log with my fb/account data.

Spotify asks me again to log in w/spotify account data.

I don't have one since I connected w/fb.

Thanks a lot.

After you try to log in - you get back to the login window and are asked a different set of credentials? These behaviours are odd.

I'll ask around

Hello i have the same problem  I have just joined premium.  i know my user name and password are correct because i have just logged in on my my ipad no problem, but i can't on my phone HTC One S.  And i know it is compatible because I have had the free trial version on my phone.  Also when i try to log in (on my phone) it accepts momentarily - I can see my playlists but then it goes back to please login screen. which i then do (again) but it says incorrect username or password. please help!

Suggested posts