Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

very confusing

very confusing

I got premium today to my mobile...and there is instruction that:

You can use Spotify to sync your own local files to the Spotify app on your Android or iOS device.

1. Make a playlist on your computer containing music from your Local music files
  2. Connect your computer and phone to the same WiFi network
  3. Open Spotify in your phone and mark the newly created playlist as an ”Offline playlist”
  4. Now watch and marvel as your tracks fly over to your phone

Specially number 4. mark created playlist as an "offline playlis"...

There is no such thing as "OFFLINE PLAYLIST" only I can find "download playlist" it will work,,,where does it download it? does it cost something and does it use my storage of phone??

And If I put on my computer spotify some playlist as "available offline" it doesnt comes available online in my mobile phone?...

pls I really need help with this...not so easy to manage.

2 Replies

>> There is no such thing as "OFFLINE PLAYLIST" only I can find "download playlist" it will work,,,where does it download it? does it cost something and does it use my storage of phone??

Apologies. Some apps say "Available offline", others say "Download". It means the same thing.

>> where does it download it?  and does it use my storage of phone??

The music is downloaded to your phone. So - yes - it does use your phone's storage.

>> does it cost something ?

No. It doesn't cost anything. It is part of Spotify Premium. The music can't be transferred outside the Spotify app. The playlist is simply available for offline listening (stored encrypted on your phone).

>> And If I put on my computer spotify some playlist as "available offline" it doesnt comes available online in my mobile phone?...

It won't. You can have playlists downloaded for offline listening on up to 3 devices (desktop / mobile) at the same time. You choose which playlists are downloaded on each individual device.

OMG, I totally agree. Downloading music is soooo confusing. I can only assume that they discourage it!. Serously, Spotofy, just put a download button on the artist for one button downloading. 

Suggested posts