Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shuffle doesn't work

Shuffle doesn't work

Does anyone ever have an issue with the algorithm for shuffle? I have 3k songs and I swear I hear the same 20 every time I listen to Spotify. I'm just wondering if there is something I am doing wrong, or if Spotify just needs to figure this out? 

2 Replies

Hiya Luxitta, so it's not uncommon for Spotify users to feel like they're hearing the same songs over and over again, even with a large library of songs. Here are a few possible explanations and solutions:

1. Your listening habits: If you tend to listen to the same songs, artists, or playlists repeatedly, Spotify's algorithms may recommend similar content to you. To broaden your music taste, try exploring different genres and artists, and adding new songs to your library.

2. Your shuffle settings: Sometimes, when the shuffle feature is enabled, Spotify may still play songs in a predictable order. You can try turning off the shuffle feature, and then re-enable it to see if it resolves the issue.

3. Your Discover Weekly and Daily Mix playlists: These playlists are generated based on your listening habits, and may recommend songs that you've already heard. If you find that these playlists are becoming repetitive, you can try listening to different genres or skipping songs you're not interested in.

4. Your music library: If you have a large library of songs, it's possible that some songs are getting lost in the shuffle. You can try organizing your library into playlists or categories to make it easier to find and listen to specific songs.

5. Try using Spotify's "Made for You" playlists: Spotify has a variety of personalized playlists such as "Discover Weekly," "Release Radar," and "Your Daily Mix" that update frequently with new songs based on your listening habits. You might find some new music you like by exploring these playlists.

In reality though it totally does play the same c.r.a.p. all the time, been experiencing that myself since like the dawn of time "eye roll emoji" 
It would be cool to find a solution for this,

-Prague the Dog

PragueSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks - I've done and or do most of that... Guess I'll just have to hope it can come out with a better algorithm like Apple has had in the past. 

Suggested posts