Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

change Email

Solved!

change Email

Is there a way to change the email address on your account without completely deactivating it? I want to delete my current email account.

According to the help page this is the only way. The account was created via Facebook and is a family premium account. I've already changed the email address that was used by Facebook to create the Spotify account.

Can the support help?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

So, I got it done. For all those interested:

Open Facebook and delete the link to Spotify under Apps and Games. Then try to log in to Spotify with your old email address and some password.

An error message will appear and you can use the "Forgot password" function to set a new password.
The account ID is mentioned in the confirmation mail for the password. With this you can report it to support and they will change the old account mail to the new one within minutes.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey there @klIckX,

thanks for posting !

You can also create a new account with the new e-mail address you want and use this Spotify answer to learn how to transfer all your data safely.

Note: i do recommend you create your new account based on the e-mail address and  to disconnect your FB account from your current Spotify before creating a new the new one.

Let me know if you have any further questions 🙂

Hi OneByBoo,

I can't disconnect Facebook. The button is not available at all. I am logging into Spotify via Facebook (blue button). Didn't Spotify then have to transfer to the email address of Facebook or does it only do this once when creating the account?

I really don't want to create a new account because I have to change everything for my family members and their accounts.

The Support page is incorrect, you CAN unlink Facebook and contact support to let them change your email address.

You should add a Password to Spotify, go to Facebook and unlink it within the settings. After that change email via support.

It depends on the FB <--> Spotify connection if your new email from FB gets updated, it's possible but I don't know details.

Maybe you can change your email yourself if you relink you FB account. Not sure about this but on link creation the FB information are transferred to Spotify.

Thank you so much for your help. I take a closer look at it and then get back to you.

Thank you very much.

Marked as solution

So, I got it done. For all those interested:

Open Facebook and delete the link to Spotify under Apps and Games. Then try to log in to Spotify with your old email address and some password.

An error message will appear and you can use the "Forgot password" function to set a new password.
The account ID is mentioned in the confirmation mail for the password. With this you can report it to support and they will change the old account mail to the new one within minutes.

Suggested posts