Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bluetooth trouble

Bluetooth trouble

Spotify will only play through my phone speaker, not my car even though it’s connected to my car thing.

I’ve had my Spotify car thing for close to a year now and have never had an issue until I let someone connect their phone to it. It worked and we played music through their phone, afterwards they disconnected and forgot the device from their phone and the car thing. I reconnected my phone and now it will only play through my phone speaker. I disconnected and forgot my device and tried to reconnect multiple times, unplugged it, did a factory reset and still having the same problem. I’m at a loss and not sure what to do. 

2 Replies

Hi there @Corpsemads,

Welcome to the Community!

I'd suggest doing a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your phone. Please follow this device specific guide

After the app is reinstalled, make sure that your phone's Bluetooth is switched on and that the Spotify app is open on your phone before trying to pair with the Car Thing.

Let us know how you get on with this.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

@Corpsemads

To me it sounds like the bluetooth between your phone and Car Thing is working correctly, but the bluetooth between your phone and your car is not working correctly.

I would suggest to also try re-pairing your phone's bluetooth to your car's bluetooth.

To do this, go into your phone's bluetooth settings and delete your car from the list (forget device or similar language).

Then try going into the Car's bluetooth settings and see if you can delete your phone from the car's list. Then try to re-pair your phone's bluetooth to your car's bluetooth. You may need to view your car's manual to see how it handles pairing new bluetooth devices.

Car Thing communicates with your phone via bluetooth to control the Spotify app, but your phone also needs to be connected to your car's bluetooth correctly to send the audio to the car speakers.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts