Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Subscription] Loyalty Program: Discount for Long Term Subscribers

For subscribers that dont have a lapse in their subscriptions - an incentive could be that every year you get 10% of your subscription price up to 50% off after 5 years of continuous membership!

Updated on 2023-03-30

Hey everyone,

It seems that this idea ended up in the wrong board accidentally, so we're bringing it back.

We're keeping the previous Case Closed status, as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
allugan
I have just quit... Because of this missing feature.. Sign up for Premium as soon as it is available!!
Alexalder

I've been with Spotify for about two years now, this would make sure i don't switch to Apple Music or similar services starting to come out with a better price/better support of platform i like to use

hermans-6

The idea of giving new customers a better deal as a promotional period seems a little backwards. Loyal customers that have been with spotify for longer have to pay more money than customers that sign up for the first three months. I understad the deal is to attract new customers, however it really does not make a loyal customer seem appreciated. It is like a stamp card and on the ninth cup of coffe it costs more. New customers are receiving the same subscription 90% cheaper than customers that have been with Spotify for years. I think there should be a loyalty program for the long standing customers that have supported the growth of spotify for longer than new customers. Loyal customers bring in new customers with word of mouth recomendations, they are returning customers which save the company money in advertising and promotions, and they have supported spotify with their memeberships so that it could grow and be more attractive to new customers. It only makes sense to reward and promote customers that stay with the company longer. 

hermans-6
The idea of giving new customers a better deal as a promotional period seems a little backwards. Loyal customers that have been with spotify for longer have to pay more money than customers that sign up for the first three months. I understad the deal is to attract new customers, however it really does not make a loyal customer seem appreciated. It is like a stamp card and on the ninth cup of coffe it costs more. New customers are receiving the same subscription 90% cheaper than customers that have been with Spotify for years. I think there should be a loyalty program for the long standing customers that have supported the growth of spotify for longer than new customers. Loyal customers bring in new customers with word of mouth recomendations, they are returning customers which save the company money in advertising and promotions, and they have supported spotify with their memeberships so that it could grow and be more attractive to new customers. It only makes sense to reward and promote customers that stay with the company longer.
blake
Status changed to: Up for Votes
Updated: 2016-11-14

Marked as new idea.

crematedman

would be worthwhile definitely.

888margo888

Hey Blake and crematedman,

I like the idea.  

Do I think it will work? Probably not. In my mind, it is impractical for Spotify at this time to give money away due to their fast world wide expansion and debt level.  They also happen to have more free listeners than paying subscribers - no real income there. I am not sure what their advertisers pay because I am a subscribed customer.  

Startups can take awhile.  If you look at Spotify's financial information you will understand that they are walking the fine line. The CEO on down are more interested in investors opinions.

Our piddly subscriptions are the proverbial drop in the bucket, and probably would not support them for a week. (Timeline is a guess!)  Spotify does not notice nor recogognize thier customers requests see: explicit button and parental control threads. Close to 7 thousand requests over a four year and counting time period and only recently has the tread been acknowledged.

Good luck with your request. I would rather have a playlist promoted instead!

888margo888

recognize not recogognize! 

flabergastedd

Great idea

YamUrbina

This is a good point.  Now I don't think either that Spotify may give us 50% off of subscription, its unfair to the effort of artists and Spotify.

Now I do believe we (long time subscribers) should get at least every once in a while a discount or whatever.

The reason is, new subscribers get amazing deals. And this is even being abused by somepeople creating new accounts every time their 3 months ends. I find this very annoying, I get to see people enjoying and abusing of the 3 months of Spotify premium while I'm paying the normal fee.

I really hope Spotify does something about this good idea.