Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Subscription] Loyalty Program: Discount for Long Term Subscribers

For subscribers that dont have a lapse in their subscriptions - an incentive could be that every year you get 10% of your subscription price up to 50% off after 5 years of continuous membership!

Updated on 2023-03-30

Hey everyone,

It seems that this idea ended up in the wrong board accidentally, so we're bringing it back.

We're keeping the previous Case Closed status, as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
metalsernda

I have been a premium user for years. It would be good to have some rewards for our loyalty.

Thursday

Why not a free month for every year? Seems like a while but beacuse of the debt, why not?

FelixGerdtsson

I like the idea, but it's not what I want in an android app. I've been using android for several years end the left side swipe menu has been the standard for almost all apps and websites. Now I know some people like this but, as an android nerd, I would love the option to at least chose which menu I want to use. 

rubyji

How about just a discount for buying an annual subscription instead of month to month?

aaronclawrence

This suggestion seems very naive. Spotify is not even profitable yet! (They might be in 2017). That means they've lost money for years. 

If they put the base subscription up to say $20, then they could offer discounts for loyalty, perhaps... but I just don't think it's a significant factor. People stay anyway out of inertia, so long as the service doesn't fall behind drastically.

2afs

Great idea. As many companies give their loyal customers a discount to keep them happy should also work for Spotify. Alternatives are available more and more. Especially because of the poor support when needed.

HUDUGURU

I'm all for some sort of occasional, thank you for being a long time subscriber, discount. 

trhouston17

@AARGHB wrote:

For subscribers that dont have a lapse in their subscriptions - an incentive could be that every year you get 10% of your subscription price up to 50% off after 5 years of continuous membership!

@AARGHB wrote:

trhouston17

@AARGHB wrote:

I don't have a  lapse in my subscription. I just want to cancel my subscription that HAS NEVER BEEN BEHIND ON MYPAYMENT STATUS. You expected your money monthly from my debit account, and I now I want this cancelled and future payments you deduct put back PROMPTLY! YOU CANNOT PLAY WITH PEOPLE'S MONEY AND A COUNTS LIKE YOU HAVE! I expect this to be taken care of as of today and or I will have to call my Legal Zoom accounts to see what my rights are! 

HUDUGURU

Um, i think you might want to try a different forum if you want to cancel..