Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Add Racional, from Tim Maia

Solved!

Add Racional, from Tim Maia

I like to know if you can add the Rational album created by singer Tim Maia

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @mmcmatheus15,

The availability of music on Spotify is up to the artists and their music label.

If the music is unavailable, the artist or their music label has likely decided to not make it available in Spotify.

Contacting the artist is a good way to let them know you miss their music in Spotify.

More info here.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @mmcmatheus15,

The availability of music on Spotify is up to the artists and their music label.

If the music is unavailable, the artist or their music label has likely decided to not make it available in Spotify.

Contacting the artist is a good way to let them know you miss their music in Spotify.

More info here.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I understand, thank you for helping

Can anybody from spotify end specify what is road block having the albums Racional Vol1 and Racional Vol2 available? There are a lot of Tim Maia albums available, just those two are not.

Thanks,

Tiago

Those albuns were financed by him. At the time the label was not happy about him recording vocals about a weird religion, so they said they wouldnt release it. Tim bought the instrumental tracks and created the first national independent label: SEROMA. A única que paga aos sábados, domingos e feriados, acording to Tim. Anyways, His family members probably have the rights to Racional 1 and 2 and might have a reason why not to realize. Peharps to keep the status of rare.

Spotify should provide a simpler way for users to ask for music from certain artists. In some cases, as in Tim Maia, you just see some musics as not available in albuns that have other songs available.

Suggested posts